Alan frame, possible Fangio-Ecoturbo Team! Wiggins? SOLD

Gunscrossed

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I not it sounds like a cliche but I'm really not sure I want to sell this!

When I bought this the seller said that it might be a Fangio-Ecoturbo team frame, I didn't pay much attention to the claim but after doing some research, I actually think it might be?
Info on the team here, notice the dates for 1984, http://www.cyclingarchives.com/ploegfiche.php?id=6442 the frame is marked Sprint 184 which I'm pretty sure is January 1984. So the dates check out. Also notice one of the team riders, Gary Wiggins!
Click on the team members and you will see in '84 they're holding red Alan's
1209580129Dernies,%20Michel.JPG

So, what do we have, a reasonably good condition Alan Sprint, I think it's actually a Super Record Sprint as it has the ovalised toptube and decorated lugs?
There are a few scratches and marks as you'd expect but not dents. Looks like the Mavic sticker is covering some sort of chain damage though.
I'm selling it frame and forks only, headset, bars stem and seatpost will be removed before sale unless we come to some sort of deal to include them.
I'm asking £175. which is probably too cheap and if it doesn't make that I'll probably try emailing Alan to see if they have any record of team frames. :LOL:
Size is 59x58 but I'll get some measurements when I can find where I put the tape! (It's too big for me hence the sale)
Pics,
403685844.jpg

403685846.jpg

403685849.jpg

403685850.jpg

403685852.jpg

403685854.jpg

403685856.jpg

No interest so off to Ebay :?

Hnnghh! My size! Awesome frame! Great price! This has severely disrupted my post-lunch saturday coma. Will think about it.

frame and bits

Is it still available? :D is the rear drop out width 126mm? if so please PM with details of costs etc

regards
dave s

Latest posts

Back