Beater Scapin Frame/Forks 60cm ST 58cm TT Columbus Nivacrom

Griggsy

Retro Guru
Scapin Road Pro Frame- handmade in Italy from Oversize, ultra light, ultra-stiff Columbus Nivacrom Tubing in Lugless welded construction

60cm Seat Tube

58cm Top Tube

130mm Rear Spacing

Takes oversize 29.4 Seatpost

N8si6.jpg

7sbJu.jpg

1BOCy.jpg

BY7OD.jpg

o41re.jpg

Qr9o4.jpg

JVsTf.jpg

hm5dG.jpg

Handbuilt frame from a renowned builder. The paint has a lot of scratches and chips from use, and there is a little superficial surface rust on some of these. Structurally, the frame is sound, however there is a small 5mm wide dent on the inside of the rear left seat stay, probably from being careless locking it up. It doesn't represet a structural problem, but worth mentioning.

There are however cracks in the paint around the head tube joints.

The frame belongs to a friend who has ridden it since new so he can vouch for the fact the frame has never been crashed, and the top tube and down tube are perfectly straight going into the head tube-no ripples or bulges.

Regardless, to be sure that the welds are ok I took away some of the paint over one of the cracks and there is no sign of any problems with the brazed join underneath: what is clear is that around the lugless tube joins where it has been welded, they have applied a lot of primer/undercoat (several mm thick) to create a nice smooth finish on the paint job and it would appear that with the natural flex in the steel this has created the cracks in the paint over time. Have left the steel exposed so you can have a looksie yourself and will be easy enough to touch back in.

Comes with Campagnolo Bottom Bracket

£125 Posted-I'm moving away next week so if you are interested I'll put you in touch with my mate who is selling it and you can just deal directly with him.

cheers

I'd love a Scapin, and that's my size, it's just on the wrong side of the planet and shipping to here is expensive :(

1 1/8 headset I'm assuming?

oh, and I've been told the dark blue stuff beneath the paint is a polyester filling used to smooth the welds and that yes, it is brittle and cracks over time so is purely superficial.

Shipping is a killer. Aussie dollar is strong now but cost still prohibitive unfortunately. I'm sure there'll be someone more local to you who'all snap this up.

Latest posts

Back