Retro Bianchi For Sale

PACERC250T

Retro Guru
Hi

I've decided to sell my Bianchi that I've just built. The cost to build it is immaterial, as it was a project I wanted to do and know that I won't see the approx. £1300.00 back

I built it using mainly Italian retro bits. A lot of them are NOS but there are new style parts i.e. the Campagnolo Record chain and very good condition retro used parts i.e. the Campagnolo Veloce cranks

Rather than uploading pictures, here's a link to some I took after the only ride I've done; to make sure all was working correctly. So is this as close you are going to get to a new retro bike?!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58541481@N07/7472705042/

The only bits not Italian are the rims (Mavic), spokes (Swiss), tubes and tyres (German) and some Wurth hardened aluminium allen bolts (German)

I'm open to offers but please be sensible. It was a project that I've wanted to do for years so have now got that out of my system. Basically I'm a mountain biker now and road bikes are like stilettos; I love the look of them, how they feel and marvel the engineering that goes into them but I don't see myself using them (if you know what I mean...) :LOL:

Contact me through RetroBikeUK if you want to know any more information or want to view. The bike's located in Pembrokeshire but I do venture back over the border to the South West of England by the cover of night sometimes... :shock:

Bianchi Measurements

A good question and how could I of forgotten that information! :roll:

I measured the bike last night and have listed everything I think you'll need; If I've missed anything, let me know...

Seat Tube:
centre of BB to top of top tube = 54cm
centre of BB to middle of top tube = 53cm

Top Tube:
centre of seat tube to centre of head tube = 54cm

Down Tube:
centre of BB to centre of head tube = 62cm

Chain Stay:
centre of BB to middle of rear axle with wheel right back = 41.5cm

Seat Stay:
middle of rear axle with wheel right back to centre of seat post = 51.5cm

I used a metal tape measure to do all these measurement and think I've got them about right but could be a couple of mm out either way...

I also realised that I forgot to add which model it is. It's a Bianchi Caurus 908 and was originally in an awful pink and black colour (I'm sure there are some purists out there that will love that colour but I'm certainly NOT one of them...) :twisted:

Two to keep you going...

For those who don't use Flickr, here's two photos to give you a taste of what's on there from me... ENJOY!!! ;)

Attachments

• After 1st Ride (4) - smaller.jpg
    After 1st Ride (4) - smaller.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Rear Quarters - smaller.jpg
    Rear Quarters - smaller.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1,744
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
SOLD!

Thanks for the interest out there but the Bianchi is now sadly sold and winging it's way off to London SE1

I'm sorry to see it go but already there's something on it's way to me for a similar re-build... :D

Back