Evans Super Tourist 62cm REDUCED £250 now Sold

SIMONFREESE

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It is with much reluctance that I am putting my Evans Super Tourist up for sale. £250. ,now sold I have reduced this as much as I can because I simply have to sell it, I have bills to pay!

Frame size is 62cm seat tube from centre of bottom bracket to top of tube, the top tube is 54cm. I understand that these frames were hand made, you can see the quality of the lug work in the photos below. I am 5 feet 8" and the bike is too big for me really, although I have found the reach fine, it's just the height that is not ideal, when I am riding along it feels perfect, when I have to stop I worry about snagging myself!

Here is a link to the current version of this remanufactured touring classic:

http://www.awin1.com/cread.php?awinmid= ... e-ec029308

The main difference between the current model and this bike is the groupset, which is Campagnolo Veloce, 10 x 3, with the exception of the brakes, which are Shimano centre pulls.

I hope the photographs below will give a good idea of spec and condition, there is one issue with the bike, the seat post is stuck. I have not tried to remove it as my fettling skills do not stretch to such a feat. As you can see from the photo, the bolt has been removed, which suggests to me that someone has had a look at this problem before. The saddle height was fine for me so I left it. Judging by the condition of the rest of the bike I would be suprised if it is anything less than a straight forward fix, but of course I am speculating! I have only owned the bike for a couple of months, and it has had dry use only, which has been very occasional due to the great British summer we have had!

Photos:

evans007.jpg

evans009.jpg

evans010.jpg

evans008.jpg

evans014.jpg

evans020.jpg

The seat post problem:

evans017.jpg

evans005.jpg

evans006.jpg

evans004.jpg

evans002.jpg

evans021.jpg

I hope the above photos give a clear indication of the spec, please feel free to get in touch if you need any more info, w
either by PM, or email to iamsimonfreese@gmail.com.

Please note this bike is collection only, simply because I do not fancy taking the risk of posting this bike, to me it is quite special and don't fancy letting Parcel Force loose with it! I am happy to put the bike in the car and meet at a convenient location train station / location, within reason.

The only other thing to mention is that it needs new bar tape, and the 3tt logos on the bar and stem are scratched. There are a few chips to the paintwork in the usual places, the chain stay, especially around the smallest chain ring. Also a small part of the Evans logo on the chain side has come off. If you would like any close up photos I will happily email them across.

Yes, way too big! I have enjoyed this bike anyway, and wish I could keep it but finances will not allow I am afraid...

Bargain!
Stick it on the CTC forum if you haven't done so already. I should think there's more interest there for this sort of bike.

Sorry to hear you have to sell this Simon - then again it frees up space for another bike once the finances improve... :twisted: Always look on the bright side etc.

Good luck with the sale - I hope it stays on RetroBike.

Back