Cluster of Galaxies (well 2), 20" Hope/Velocity wheels

andyh2

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Dawes Galaxy 1
Early 90’s 531 frame, fork, headset, seatpost. Seat tube ctc 63cm, top tube ctc 59cm. (To get size indication I’m 6’ with 34” inside leg and you can see in photos how much seatpost is exposed when set up for me.)
In good condition, externally it’s the Dawes hard paint finish which stands up well and it’s had some sort of frame saver treatment internally. There is a slight dent in the down tube (looks worse in photos).
It works with V brakes but there’s not much clearance. Cantis probably a better fit.
Takes 32mm tyres with mudguards, 37mm without.
Front canti hanger is not shown in photo, but is included.
£75 pick up Perthshire, £90 posted.

Dawes Galaxy 2
Early 80’s 531 frame and fork. Seat tube ctc 63cm, top tube ctc 59cm.
Complete bike except chain and cables in kit form.
It’s been well used and there’s significant surface rust in places. One of the dropout adjustment screws has rusted in and broken off, likewise the chainstay bridge mudguard bolt is rusted in.
No dents or dings.
27” X 1 ¼” wheels with conti gatorskin tyres. The rear has just been trued and had a few spokes replaced along with new 5 speed block (30 miles) by LBS.
120mm rear spacing so could be fixed / singlespeeded easily.
The down tube shifters are included but are shown in the pics fitted to the newer frame/fork at the moment.
I’ve ridden this as fixed and 5 speed and it’s a really nice comfortable ride. Make a great pub/commuter.
£60 pick up Perthshire. I’m not sure it’d be worth paying 50% more to have it posted.

20” (406mm) wheels
Very nice Hope hubs (non-disc 100mm front, 135mm rear) and Velocity Razor rims. Good condition. (no skewers)
£100 posted. Could split if offers for hubs and Rims received.

Photos here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24734759@N ... 253450384/

I've linked to this in the Macretro trade section to help with a sale, there are a few lang streaks in there too.

What were the 20 inch hopes used on?

I noticed there's a Macretro area group, but didn't realise there's a trade section so thanks for that.

The 406 wheels were on a Xootr Swift folder, I sold the frameset but hung onto the wheels as I was considering a Circe helios tandem. I still am vaguely considering one, but I'd likely go for disc wheels. And the rims aren't really wide enough for the Big Apple 60mm I'd want to run on it.

Andy, the trading post here is just to avoid postage as we generally collect, we sometimes offer a little discount too as we all know each other.

The wider trade sections are more than useful but as we are horders is it always good to ask if you need a particular part, especially if you need it quickly or for a meet. The first half hour of a meet usually consists of swaps or me fitting parts to my bike I have just picked up :oops:

Nice set of wheels for a folder, I was thinking about them for my sons bike but really I shouldn't be doing that as it will likely end in divorce.

The Ken, I thought about putting them our daughters bike, but the rims are much better suited to something like kojaks rather than Big Apples or offroad tyre.

Galaxy 1 F&F now sold thanks.

are you hijacking someone elses sales thread Dyna :) or is something weird happening with the posting?

Back