Vitus 979 frame and fork 57cm and Lejeune frame + fork 60cm

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not to sure how muh it is worth but the this a Vitus 979 in Alan Shorter colours. The paint is the problem though it is in poor state. The frame however is fine, corrosion yes but no cracks. BB and steerer tube threads are fine also.

Vitus979.jpg

I was thinking a some of money maybe £50 but I am open to offers and tell me if it too cheap!

Also for sale on behalf of a customer is this Lejeune frame and fork 60cm.
The headset is Dura ace but a bit rough and has a shimano cup and cone BB whih is also a bit rough. I can service but I do not know the condition of the internals. Paint is quite good and the stem is a peagout.

Lejeune.jpg

The customer is asking £45.

Postage at cost.

That Lejeune takes me back to the mid 70's :)

Not many about in those days and usually kitted out with Stronglight and Mafac centre pull brakes, spattering of gold anodising LOL . Nicely made too :)

How much posted ??

Cheers

Shaun

Frame

Hi,

If midlife isn't interested can I have second dibs pending on a few more photos?

Cheers.

Regarding the Vitus....but it looks as if the drink bosses have been torn out of downtube.....is that the case? Or are my eyes playing tricks.

bm0p700f":3om7ivpn said:
The bosses are still very much there and intact, inluding the threads.
Need more photo's?

Thanks for that...deceptive...well for my eyes.....what is the length of the top tube?......Could the frame be shot-blasted and then powder coated?....I had one years ago...many, many moons ago.....but if i recall mine was not painted but anodized....so what has happened to the anodized finish on your frame?

VBC1001..........be my guest, just realised I can't do any swapping of the Dura ace-stuff as I guess it's a French thread LOL

Shaun

I hope it an be shot blasted as if it does not sell I was going to get that done. As for powder oating I wouldn't the baking afterward ould ruin the glue. Painting and air drying then laquer I think is the only safe way.

Back