1966 Mercian. Plus other bits

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I need the space so the following has to go:

1966 Mercian frame, fork and Campag headset. Frame has patina consistent with being 46 years old but nothing structural (by far the worst is the left chainstay but I've poked it with a screwdriver and it is sound). The Campag headset is smooth and tight and all threads are good (e.g. the b/b came out smoothly). Lovely half chrome on the forks and cool Campag dropouts. Size? 61 cm seat tube, 59.5 cm top tube. Oh, and can throw in the Huret downtube shifters and a functional seat post if that helps.

After £150 collected from Hereford (can post at cost which now Post Office prices have gone up seems to be about £15). SOLD
Fullframe.jpg

Shinyforks.jpg

Headbadge.jpg

Campagdropout.jpg

Weinmann 730 calipers that are fine if a bit grubby - perfect if you want to use 700c wheels with the above frame. £20 posted.
Weinmann730.jpg

Suntour Cyclone rear mech, grubby but would clean up nicely. £15 posted
SuntourCyclonerearmech.jpg

Gran Compe brake levers - gum hoods are a bit perished (the one in the left of the photos is the worst) but I reckon they could be saved with some care. Levers look good, blades unscratched. £15 posted. SOLD
GranCompelevers2.jpg

Will obviously be happy to combine the lot and knock a few quid off the total.

Dibs on the Gran Sport brake levers please - will you ship to France? Obviously I'll cover the costs.

Midlife":1knr87gv said:
http://www.lfgss.com/thread87987.html

Just curious.....are you big ted ?

Shaun

Of course he is.

Don't ya just hate this dib'ing...then they un'dib!!!

Is this a trendy London bikie thing...if it is I hate it even more!

Roadking.

Yes, I am Big Ted and you can claim your prize :D

The frame 'sold' just over two weeks ago. There were various reasons why payment couldn't be made ('NatWest problems', 'can't set up a Paypal account', 'can't get to the bank until Friday' etc.) and I finally gave up when there was no response to PMs.

Got to make even more room now the Gazelle Champion Mondial has arrived and someone is coming to see it thgis afternoon.

roadking":343u8f8g said:

Roadking.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this; I haven't "undibbed", I've paid for what I asked the seller for dibs on. And I'm not from London and haven't been trendy since 1991... :cry:

roadking":2yemtwr3 said:
Midlife":2yemtwr3 said:
http://www.lfgss.com/thread87987.html

Just curious.....are you big ted ?

Shaun

Of course he is.

Roadking.

Hah, this happens all the time....The best is 'dibs for a friend'. I've never seen one result in a sale yet.

Back