Bill Nickson Reynolds 531 Designer Select - NOW SOLD

GordonB

Retro Guru
SOLD - I've decided to sell this one after finding out once I'd finished building it that it's just a tad too big for me - and I have to make room for other builds! Details as follows, it's an unusual build as it combines a retro frame and Dura Ace downtube shifters with a modern gearset because that's what I had available at the time. Works wonderfully well and looks darned good too.

Looking for £250, pm for any further details. Don't really want to post this one, I'm near Ipswich, happy to meet within about 50 miles or I do travel on business and may be able to arrange to meet somewhere.

Frame - Bill Nickson built in Reynolds 531 Designer Select and re-powder coated mint green. An unusual variant of Reynolds tubing not often seen. Seat tube 56cm ctc, top tube 55.5cm ctc. Will take mudguards and is in essentially unmarked condition as I've hardly ridden it since it was built.
Wheels - 700c Mavic Cosmos with Shimano 9 speed cassette and Clement tyres
Bars - Tioga
Brakes - Shimano aero levers and Shimano 600 Tri-colour calipers
Stem - Nitto Dynamic 90mm
Seat post - Campag Aero (not sure of model)
Saddle - Selle Italia Flite
Shifters - Shimano Dura-Ace 9 speed
Mechs - both Shimano Ultegra
Chainset - Shimano Ultegra Hollowtech with matching Hollowtech bottom bracket
Pedals - Shimano spd

Attachments

• Nickson1a.jpg
    Nickson1a.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Nickson2a.jpg
    Nickson2a.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Nickson3a.jpg
    Nickson3a.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,345
  • Nickson4a.jpg
    Nickson4a.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 1,347
very nice bike. Id have put it in for RBoTM first before floggin it. I wouldnt think you will wait long to get rid. in fact, i think its under priced by at least £200 if that changes your mind at all...

foz":121hzuu3 said:
I like it a lot! what make is the bartape?

I can't remember with certainty, I think it is Bike Ribbon, but it's definitely vintage as it was part of a NOS batch I bought a couple of years ago. None left now! It's a bit shiny and I prefer the cork tapes but it definitely looks good on the Nickson.

Thanks for the nice words about the bike, wish it fitted me better, then I'd hang on to it. Rancid is taking it next week, sorry to see it go.

Gordon

Back