Mavic Challenger Disc Wheel Block Tubular 700C

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I have available a Mavic Challenger Aluminium Disc Wheel complete with a Regina 8-speed close ratio screw-on block and (I think) a Wolber Profile (?) tubular tyre in reasonable condition (I'd ride it!). Mavic QR included. As an 8-speed block is fitted I am assuming 130 hub width - it is difficult to check being a disc!

The wheel has seen some use but runs true and the bearings etc. seem fine. The rim has some damage but this shouldn't affect the braking and there is also some slight dinting near the block on one side which I have tried to photograph. The tyre holds air OK.

It should all work well and with a bit of cleaning etc. suit a period (late '80's/early '90's) time trial bike.

Sent in a proper wheel box all for the sum of £40.00 inc. carriage to a UK mainland address only. Payment by cleared cheque or cash (no Paypal) only.

Please PM me if wanting any additional info.

Attachments

• Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (5).A.jpg
    Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (5).A.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,617
  • Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (4).A.jpg
    Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (4).A.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,618
  • Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (2).A.jpg
    Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (2).A.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,617
  • Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (1).A.jpg
    Mavic Challenger Disc.1 (1).A.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,617
Gutted, this would have looked lovely on my latest build.
Can I say 4th dibs.......... wishful thinking.

Payment cheque now received so 99.9% sold.

Thanks to all who have expressed interest. Wish I'd got several more!

The wheel actually belongs to an old friend who was going to skip it along with several other ordinary wheels. I persuaded him to let me dispose of them and the proceeds are going to the local hospice.

The other wheels will be available here soon.

Back