Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:53 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 952
Location: nottingham
Is it for oversize bars?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Posts: 930
Location: Sussex
Yep, 31.8, it's brand new :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am
Posts: 1349
Location: Denmark
Those Ritchey wheels would look lovley on my breakaway. Do you have any specs on the weight?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Posts: 930
Location: Sussex
Yetidh9 wrote:
Those Ritchey wheels would look lovley on my breakaway. Do you have any specs on the weight?


Hi, they are about 1800g for the complete wheelset, not the lightest out there but probably the most reliable due to having plenty of spokes, the zero dish rear, a precision high tension handbuild and an alloy brake track.

Regular Sapim Race spokes too which are a far better option than hard to get expensive Mavic, shimano, fulcrum etc specials... then again Tom knows his stuff! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:10 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am
Posts: 1349
Location: Denmark
OldFatTi wrote:
Yetidh9 wrote:
Those Ritchey wheels would look lovley on my breakaway. Do you have any specs on the weight?


Hi, they are about 1800g for the complete wheelset, not the lightest out there but probably the most reliable due to having plenty of spokes, the zero dish rear, a precision high tension handbuild and an alloy brake track.

Regular Sapim Race spokes too which are a far better option than hard to get expensive Mavic, shimano, fulcrum etc specials... then again Tom knows his stuff! :)


I aggre on the point you have about the spokes. It is specially important if they should go on a bike that allso sees some air-travel etc.
You dont, by any change, fancy some stuff for swaps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Posts: 930
Location: Sussex
Very true! Try getting a dura ace c35 spoke when youre in lanzarote!

I need money really but always open to offers and suggestions :)

Yetidh9 wrote:
OldFatTi wrote:
Yetidh9 wrote:
Those Ritchey wheels would look lovley on my breakaway. Do you have any specs on the weight?


Hi, they are about 1800g for the complete wheelset, not the lightest out there but probably the most reliable due to having plenty of spokes, the zero dish rear, a precision high tension handbuild and an alloy brake track.

Regular Sapim Race spokes too which are a far better option than hard to get expensive Mavic, shimano, fulcrum etc specials... then again Tom knows his stuff! :)


I aggre on the point you have about the spokes. It is specially important if they should go on a bike that allso sees some air-travel etc.
You dont, by any change, fancy some stuff for swaps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am
Posts: 1349
Location: Denmark
OldFatTi wrote:
Very true! Try getting a dura ace c35 spoke when youre in lanzarote!

I need money really but always open to offers and suggestions :)



I have a complete 16" Rockey Mountain Blizzard 98ish in need of a rebuild, a number of m900 parts (cranks, 4x front mesh, sti, brake), Ritchey SuperLogic BB's (new), use alien seatpost, 26" tyres, 29" wheelset (hope/DT hubs, Sun rims), mag 21, 1996 principia 700sl road frame in 53cm... loads of different stuff. Reason i ask for swaps is that even though I am perfect aware that this is a expensive wheelset they goes for less for a WCS set in the US... and more important, I am tempted but feel it is more that I can afford on a wheelset... just to be frank about this. But let me know if some of the stuff could be of interesst and pm me a swap prise suggestion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Posts: 930
Location: Sussex
There's nothing there I need unfortunately... maybe you could sell some of it to raise money towards the wheels? ;)

I don't think you will find WCS for this price... Even in the USA (plus then you will have to pay import duty). Personally I chose the Pro over the WCS as it has stronger spokes and an alloy brake track, the WCS has carbon brake track which is not good on descents!!

Have a think about it, maybe sell some of your parts and make me an offer? :)

Thanks :)

Yetidh9 wrote:
I have a complete 16" Rockey Mountain Blizzard 98ish in need of a rebuild, a number of m900 parts (cranks, 4x front mesh, sti, brake), Ritchey SuperLogic BB's (new), use alien seatpost, 26" tyres, 29" wheelset (hope/DT hubs, Sun rims), mag 21, 1996 principia 700sl road frame in 53cm... loads of different stuff. Reason i ask for swaps is that even though I am perfect aware that this is a expensive wheelset they goes for less for a WCS set in the US... and more important, I am tempted but feel it is more that I can afford on a wheelset... just to be frank about this. But let me know if some of the stuff could be of interesst and pm me a swap prise suggestion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am
Posts: 1349
Location: Denmark
perfectly ok that you dont need more old stuff (trash)... I will let you know if I feel for a direct buy... and you could let me know if you go lower on the sales prise.
Forza Ritchey!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:52 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Posts: 930
Location: Sussex
Yetidh9 wrote:
perfectly ok that you dont need more old stuff (trash)... I will let you know if I feel for a direct buy... and you could let me know if you go lower on the sales prise.
Forza Ritchey!


Always open to a near offer :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chrispg, Nicktid and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group