DAVE RUSSELL 531C competition/road frame SOLD

DEAN C.

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Dave Russell hand made in Slough NOW SOLD thanks
Very high quality handmade racing frame for serious competition use
It is 531 Competition tubing and dates to approx 1991. Very light!

Fantastic quality as you would expect from a Dave Russell frame and it has recently been refinished in this silver by Ellis Briggs in Shipley and the decals are from LLoyds but the 531 Competition decals are originals Reynolds. This is definately competition tube as it was in its original paint and decals when I bought it.
Very short wheelbase with no mudguard stay eyes.
21 1/4"(56cm) from centre of BB to top of seat post.
I think that these are Prugnat lugs and it has bottle fittings for down tube and seat tube.
also bosses for both gear levers on down tube.
Chain pip on rear stay for holding chain when removing wheels.

I do have photos of it before repainting to prove Competition tubing and authenticity.
The rear dropouts are 126mm but will easily go to 130 and was originally fitted with either a 7 or 8 speed I believe.
The top tube is 21 5/8" or 55cm.Seat tube 21 1/4" or 54cm.
Head tube is 13cm.wheelbase is 98cm (approx 38" 1/2)
Frame and forks weigh just 5 1/2 lb approx(2.5kg)
It was originally all Campag Chorus with Shimano 600 brakes.
This has not been rebuilt since being painted by Ellis Briggs and is virtually perfect. Very reluctant sale but it will not get used due to getting into mountain bikes.

£130 Frame only. Can supply Chorus Headset and Bottom bracket for extra if needed.
Would prefer cash on ..............collection
would rather not post to be honest .
UK only

More measurements and weight added.

Attachments

• djr.jpg
    djr.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,409
  • DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 2,409
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 2,409
  • DSC_0171.jpg
    DSC_0171.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2,409
Nice :)

Keenly priced too :D

Just a quick question.....for a Moment I looked at your Avatar and thought you were Dean Butler.

Did you ever do the GHS (George Herbert Stancer) memorial 10 in the 1970's ?

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

No I never entered the GHS, I was just a club rider entering a few local 10's and 25's in the late 70's, mainly 1978/9.

The pic was taken on the A1 near Clumber park and Blyth (Notts) on a rainy sunday 10. I was 15 years old and soaking wet through, but I did love racing in the rain for some reason! I dont know why either! :roll:

Dean.

Hi Dean

I guess you are about 3 years younger then me :) I started with a shop bought Carlton and took it from there. I loved it but in all fairness I was pretty useless :)

Hasn't the frame sold yet? cracking frame and giveaway price :D

Shaun

Midlife":3g598k8l said:
Hi Dean

I guess you are about 3 years younger then me :) I started with a shop bought Carlton and took it from there. I loved it but in all fairness I was pretty useless :)

Hasn't the frame sold yet? cracking frame and giveaway price :D

Shaun

Not sure about frame.

I wasn't much better and started with a Carlton Clubman frame and built it myself with pocket money hard earnt. Sug maxy chainset, weinmann concave rims and michelin elan tyres,on normandy hubs, suntour cyclone derailleur 5 speed and weinmann 500 brakes.Oh and a wrights 3n saddle. (couldnt afford the Brooks). It handled quite well to be honest.
Regretfully sold it when I got married and it got trashed in an RTA.
Two years ago I bought an identical bike with similar equipment and it feels just the same. Just got into mountain bikes at 48 and I now know what I have been missing. :cool: And I need to lose a couple of stone. :oops:

Dean.

Back