Pinarello Arriba 1996 NOS Mint only about 120 miles £750

richdirector

Dirt Disciple
A house sale is forcing a reduction in toys as only allowed to keep 3 bikes ....

My lovely mint 1996 Pinarello Arriba bought last year New Old Stock direct from Italy.

SIZE 56cm
pinarello-12.jpg

Mint condition – the orig tyres even have little rubber bits on still. Ridden less than miles (112 logged on my gps) – I then changed stem (orig also include) but frame slightly too big for me.

Here was original spec - mine has different tyres and pedals are one side spd one side flats
pinarello-3.jpg

Frame & Fork
Frame Construction TIG-welded steel
Frame Tubing Material Oria
Fork Brand & Model Pinarello
Fork Material Oria
Rear Shock Not applicable

Components
Component Group Campagnolo Mirage
Brakeset Campagnolo Mirage brakes, Campagnolo Mirage levers
Shift Levers Campagnolo Mirage Ergo
Front Derailleur Campagnolo Veloce, bottom-pull/braze-on
Rear Derailleur Campagnolo Mirage
Crankset Campagnolo Mirage, 32/42/52 teeth
Pedals Campagnolo Mirage (clipless)
Bottom Bracket Campagnolo Mirage, 111 mm spindle
BB Shell Width 70mm Italian
Rear Cogs 8-speed, 12 – 25 teeth
Chain Campagnolo Athena, 1/2 x 3/32″
Seatpost 27.2 mm diameter
Saddle Vetta SL
Handlebar ITM Super Europa 2
Handlebar Extensions Not applicable
Handlebar Stem ITM
Headset 1″ Campagnolo Mirage

Wheels
Rims Campagnolo Roma 60, 32-hole
Tires 700 x 23c Vittoria Techno Twin
Spoke Brand Stainless steel
Spoke Nipples Brass nipples
pinarello-4.jpg

[/img]

I'd have to say, assuming the photo shows the bike setup for you, that it looks to be a good fit. I'm just going by the amount of seatpost extension and stem length, which look in good proportion to the frame size. If you're used to more recent frames with sloping top tubes, this Arriba might feel largish. All that matters really is the reach from the saddle to the bars.

1988_Ben":16rtfhcf said:
I'd have to say, assuming the photo shows the bike setup for you, that it looks to be a good fit. I'm just going by the amount of seatpost extension and stem length,....
A friend just gave it a test whirl - he is 5'11ish so that is the slight raised section. My lynskey is a 54cm and perfect

ksvb5368":2ilptd2m said:
Is this the one in the window of bikelove? Seen it the other week, lovely bike.
Sure is - Carl was selling on commission but he has had to move shop so i thought i would try here before I discard it to the heartless on flea bay .... I am moving house too so the great bike sale is progressing quicker than I would like. I barely get a chance to mourn one when another gets the axe ....

Looked beautiful in the window, just as good if not better than the pictures for anyone that is interested. I was going to ask how much it was but knew it would be out my price range!

I'm moving back to Glasgow next week and will be looking for something to get around on. If you have anything that might interest me send me a PM and let me know. My friend has also offered me a frame so might just be looking for some bits . . . .

Otherwise, good luck with the sale, someone is going to get a beautiful bike.

Back