1999 Kona Jake the Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowsgomoo

Retro Newbie
Hi

I've been a member of the forum for ages but this may be my first ever post.

I have a 1999 Kona Jake the Snake that I bought new as a frameset. It's been used on the road for about 200 miles only in all these years (!), set up with flat bars and magura brakes and intended as a fast road alternative to my old GT STS. Sadly though this never really happened and now I'm building another bike (which I'll hopefully use) and selling the Kona.

My issue is this though: I've been thinking about putting it on eBay, but have absolutely no idea how much to add as a minimum or reserve. In the last few months I haven't found a single one similar enough to compare it with. Does anybody have any ideas? or indeed, may there be anyone interested? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

This link has more info and photos

DSCN2958.JPG

Nice bike

I think you're caught between the road bike/hybrid bike market on this one.

Probably best to sell wheels separate from the frame.

Good luck with the sale

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for the replies. You're probably right about the mix of road/hybrid as it's a cross frame built with mtb & road parts and I'll certainly split it if need be. I'm just trying to come up with a realistic base figure for the (vgc) frameset. It 's awkward knowing whether to pitch it to the road or off-road communities!
Cheers, Mark

Id be interested in buying it off you at the right price it fits the bill for me looking for something to do canal paths and cycle paths on been a crosser. I would offer you a hundred quid for it as it stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back