Handsome Blue 56cm 1999 Specialized Allez - SOLD

gtRTSdh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sold on ebay for £300

Reason for original purchase: try a road bike. Reason for sale, liked road bike & bought a bargain of a NOS modern road bike.

The bike rides really well, I was expecting the Aluminium frame and 100psi to be harsh but I have not found it so, very pleasant ride.

I've spent £370 on her in total, new 8sp cassette, new 8sp down tube shifters, new carbon seatpost (27.2 & 100g less than the item pictured not fitted but is included), new saddle which is from my new purchase.

I would like to try & get as much of what I have spent back as someone is prepared to pay, but I do have now have six bikes so this has to go.

I reckon I've only done about 100 miles on it. As detailed in my thread linked below I've given the bike a good service / tune up and is now in excellent working order. I'll get a for sale thread up tomorrow, if there's no interest then ebay here we go!

The MTB spd pedals pictured are not included although could be if required.

My thread from purchase to now. . . includes pictures of new downtube shifters.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 89&start=0

Wheels and tyres have done the ammount of miles I have, i.e. less than 100, they are tiagra hubs (and skewers that came with) laced with 32 spokes to mavic open sport rims. The tyres are £45 each to buy and as you can see, still have the nobbles they're just as fast as the tyres on my new bike due to the solid centre section.

Collection and trial preffered. Can post at additional cost.

Things you can't see in the pictures, stronglight headset, weighs just 21lbs as pictured, compact crank 34/50 170mm, cassette 12-25.

dsc03150c.jpg

dsc03151q.jpg

dsc03152l.jpg

dsc03155ok.jpg

dsc03154n.jpg

dsc03156r.jpg

It's tape on the bar to the right of the stem nothing untoward.

dsc03157p.jpg

dsc03153b.jpg

Back