Orbit Road Bike For Sale

jitensha

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hiya,

I bought this Orbit from ebay last year. It was sold as in goood condition but in need of repair to get it up and running. Some new tyres and tubes, rear mech fiddling, cable change and a trip to the shop for a busted spindle (I think) in the rear and it is in full working order. Ive only been out half a dozen times since.

I'm selling it as I dont really have room for it any more (just bought an MTB) and I dont really use it all that much.

Im certainly no expert on bikes but judging by the 80s paint job it must be a bike from the 80s or early 90s? I went donw my local bike shop- http://www.thebicyclehub.co.uk/ -and asked the main man there what he thought. He reckons it would have set the original owner back about 800 pounds brand new.

I would like to ask 250 pounds for it but please do tell me if you think I am way off the mark. Cash on collection please. Telford area.

Have a look at the piccies and ask anything you like. Ill try to answer as best I can. Im about 5,11 and it seems to fit me ok.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCN0712.jpg
    DSCN0712.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,357
  • DSCN0713.jpg
    DSCN0713.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,355
more pics

ive got a few more pics....

Attachments

• DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,347
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,348
  • DSCN0719.jpg
    DSCN0719.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,347
  • DSCN0720.jpg
    DSCN0720.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,347
Orbit became Sirius in '91/2, so it's no later than that, pink was their colour I think, definitely the one to have! I'd love it but no room at the inn I'm afraid, good luck with finding a happy home :)

Thanks for that Pedro. Ive been toying with the idea of keeping it but it's not really an option. I'll subject it to an ebay auction later this week if there are no takers here.

Back