UK “Partner(s)” Wanted re: Buying, Selling, & Collecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rents

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I’m new to RetroBike in that I just joined. However, I’ve been reading RetroBike for a couple of years now – found it a great resource. Pleasure to be on and happy to be talking to the people I’ve learned a lot from!

I buy, sell and trade bikes and parts to feed my ever-growing “bike habit.” My focus is road and race bikes, mainly 80’s and 90’s and mainly steel [do do a little of other periods and materials]. Have taken a keen interest lately in smaller UK builders from this period – a lot of nice bikes! My other focus is Italian framesets also from this period. I’m international but spend periods in the UK and on the continent every year.

Looking to work with someone or a number of people, perhaps in London [as many buyers like to see or try the gear before buying and/or don’t trust cyber deals] but not stuck on that, in buying and selling.

This isn’t a business for me and there isn’t a lot of money in it, more a labour of love, as every hobbyist will know. That said, I’ll gladly pay someone a % or a fee for local buying and selling for me. If you’re interested and able to collect purchases and/or courier gear, I’d be happy to pay for those services as well. Bike mechanical skills a definite asset!

If you have a way that you want to spin this/see it work well, my ears are open.

Cheers!

Attachments

• pile o bikes.jpg
    pile o bikes.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 669
Hi - there are few things better than spending other people's money on lovely bike bits! Give me a shout at pete@ratracecycles.com - I have a good size bike workshop in SE London and I'm more than used to playing with and fixing old kit!

Hmmm.

Going to lock this for the moment. Not really 100% happy with what the OP is proposing, certainly sounds like a business to me. Also been advised you have been barred from lfgss.

@Pierre - no real problem linking to your shop business in your signature but I do prefer people ask out of courtesy before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back