Shim 600 27.2 aero & San Marco 27.2 seatposts - SOLD!

wriggles

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Both now sold

1. Shimano 600 aero seatpost. 27.2 x 200mm (rail to tip). Very good condition. No marks or scratches above min insertion mark. a couple of VERY light scratches below insertion mark (unlike my windowsil thanks to that pesky mutt :x ). £30 SOLD

2. San Marco seatpost 27.2 x 200mm (rail to tip). Early eighties seat post made by 3ttt I believe. Fluted, with attractive swallow tail in front of clamp. Good condition, some very light scratches but nothing serious. £22 SOLD

Hi Wriggles

I'm in two minds what to do as the Shimano seat post looks exactly the same as did when it left the factory and could be described as NOS and would fit my mid 1970's like a peach :)

Shaun

Hi Shaun

Difficult call! Yes it is in mint condition actually - I'm just cautious to describe as such. The only reason I'm selling is I'm long legged proportionately so need a 23" frame for reach and a 25" frame for saddle hieght so normal length seatposts are not long enough - other wise, I'd be hanging on to it!

Decisions, decisions, decisions... :D

Andy

Hi Andy

Blimey we could be twins..

I have a 23.5 inch Bob Jackson and a 25 inch Falcon which I am trying to rebuild for this summer.

I am a short arse with long legs so back when I raced I needed a normal seat post for the road bike but a longer one for the time trial bike..

The Shimano post is for the Smaller Jackson and I would simply ignore the marks on the post and have it held in by an inch of seat post..

http://i54.tinypic.com/a4bzt3.jpg

Shaun

I'll take it......as they say, a thing of beauty is a joy forever, even if it's time traveled 10 years into the past :)

How would you like to be paid, Paypal?

Shaun

Back