SWAP 24" Mercian Vincitore for 25" or 25.5" S

dvines

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone.

I am looking to swap an early 70s Mercian Vinctore (their flagship fancy lugged model) which is slightly too small for me (its about 24.1/4" and I really need a 25" or 25.1/2" frame. I am based in SW London/Surrey UK and I 'm also a VCC member and in the yearbook.

My frame

24.1/4" Seat-tube
22.1/2" Top tube

Fancy-cut lugwork and Full-wrapover seat-stay cluster.

40" Wheelbase with mudguard eyes, campagnolo long dropouts.
Frame has following braze-ons:

rear brake cable stops to top-tube.
Cable stop for bar-end shifter on down-tube.
Cable stop for rear gear cable on right hand chainstay.

Built for 27x1./4" wheels with quite close clearances, but mudguards will fit With these wheels (it came with them )

It is finished in an atratcive pale blue with white luglining. There are a few touch-ups on the paint, including several on the right-hand seat-stay where I presume somebody leant it against a wall but these are not obtrusive and the paintwork is ingenerally good and useable condition. This could be built up straight away and on the road in a day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32100066@N ... 730571413/

it originally had a complete Nuovo Record Gropupset on it (including brakes) and the clearances are such that 700c wheels would prob just fit if you had these brakes, but would obviously give you better clearances.

It is fitted with a Record Headset which I will leave in and rotates freely, but the chrome to the top race is in poor condition.

I am looking to swap the frame for a a 25" or 25.1/2" classic frame from 50's/60's/possibly 70's of similar quality. Would consider a cash adjustment either way depending on rarity/condition of what you have to swap. Frame would need to have mudguard eyes and mudguard clearance, but other than that I am open minded - What have you !?!

My email ifyou want to contact me directly is

dvines1971@btinternet.com

regards

David Vines
SW London/Surrey UK

I've had no replies from any forums I've posted on this.

I don't want to put the frame on ebay...... but unless anyone has any other ideas ??

What about a complete Dawes galaxy from 1986 as the basis for a deal?
61cm centre to centre on the seat tube......

61cm is the same size/slightly smaller than what i want to swap ( i need larger) and a Dawes Galaxy isnt really similar quality or classic......

Back