Reynolds 531 racing bike frame

balciaks

Old School Hero
Reynolds 531 racing bike frame
Hi, bought this frame as a project,but run out of finances so need to sell.
Please note that the alloy seat post is corroded into the seat tube. I haven't tried too hard to remove it, heat applied with blow torch would almost certainly do the job, but damage paintwork or caustic soda should do the job (tried that already on my old bike and it does the job)
Otherwise frame and forks in reasonable usable condition. There are a couple of indentations in the top tube, but not much corrosion with only superficial rust spotting here and there. Sticker on seat tube states Reynolds 531 frame tubes.

Brighton, 25 pounds

Attachments

• 116449736.jpg
    116449736.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 116449998.jpg
    116449998.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,521
Any idea how much it might cost to ship to Ireland? Also, it might just be the angle the photo's taken at or my own paranoia but the forks look a little bent, has this frame been crashed. A picture of the frame sitting on some wheels would probably clear up whether or not the forks are orientated as they should be.

PS: what size is it centre to centre seat-tube measurement

it might just be the angle the photo's taken at or my own paranoia but the forks look a little bent

Just what i was thinking. the headtube looks a little too upright too. :(

It's a Carrera Monza (sure we can tell that from the photos), a friend of mine had one and it was nice. They came with the grey/white RX100 group and looked great IMHO.

However that one has almost certainly been crashed or at least run into something rather hard :( If I were you I would extract the forks and seat tube, inspect the head tube very thoroughly for damage, and then stick it on the bay.

Back