Pinarello Treviso - Frame and Fork - 57cm - UPDATED

Simod

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The time has come to pass on my lovely Pinarello.

Pinarello Treviso Frame and Fork.
Columbus GPX tubed frame.
Seatpost – 57cm c-c
Toptube – 56.5cm c-c
1” Threaded headset

Frame in very good condition. Chrome forks are a little pitted in places (only visible from close up) - I've tried to show this in the picture below.

A little cable rub on the headtube which I have left but is easily sorted.

All original decals present.

Included in the sale is a blue alloy Odyssey roller bearing headset (a little rough but never bothered me)
27.2mm diameter Campagnolo Aero Seatpost.
Campagnolo bottom bracket (Square taper) – with Campag crank bolts
Campagnolo Chorus Chainset – 39/53 Campag chainrings (Rings in very good condition – little rub marks on the crank arms)
Shimano 600 braze-on front mech.

UPDATED - Also included in the sale are:
Pair of Mavic Cosmos Wheels - Blue Anodised
Pair of Avocet Criterium Tyres - Unused
Ultegra 12-23 block and chain - plenty of life left
Shimano 600 Calipers - Front and Rear including cartridge pads
Rolls Saddle
ITM Europa Handlebars

I have owned the bike for approximately 5 years but never really used it as much as it deserved (Only a few summer rides per year) – it is too nice to sit in the workshop and hopefully someone will use it as it deserves.

It's previous keeper was 'Hardtail' off this forum who won several South West road races on it - the original keeper and previous to 'Hardtail' was Andy Mclean (Cat 1 Roadie, Now RAF) who is well known in the South West 'Road Circles' - this doesn't mean it's knackered, just trying to show its provenance - 'Hardtail' will answer any worries you may have, just PM him. It got many complementing comments on the Tour of Britain last year when we watched on Peak Hill, Sidmouth, Devon.

Price is £400 including delivery to UK - International please contact me first to discuss shipping costs.

Any questions or if you want higher resolution pictures then please PM me.

Attachments

• Pinarello Multi.jpg
    Pinarello Multi.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,590
  • Pinarello 4.jpg
    Pinarello 4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 4,588
  • Pinarello.jpg
    Pinarello.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 4,589
  • Pin Extra.jpg
    Pin Extra.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,014
I can vouch for this beauty. I had it for a couple of years, and won a few local races on the thing (Tom Hawkins).
Nice touch of chrome front and back.
Always received very favourable comments, even when surrounded by way more modern & exotic bikes.
Gotta love a classic Italian road bike, especially leaning up against the outside of the local coffee shop!!!

Would you be interested in selling the tyres individually? I might be interested in them...

Also, if the pitting is only light on the forks, it might be worth giving them a once over with a bit of wet scrunched up tin foil, if you've not tried before. It works wonders at clearing up chrome

grilla":kckmtj21 said:
Would you be interested in selling the tyres individually? I might be interested in them...

Yeah, I'll consider it if the whole package doesn't sell. PM me your offer.

These are lovely frames and can look fantastic with a little TLC. I am nearing the completion of the restoration of my SL version which will soon be completed.

Hopefully somebody will buy this one and do a similar job.

See attached pic.

Attachments

• Pina1.jpg
    Pina1.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 3,618
Back