Low-end Bianchi bike - Withdrawn

daccordimark

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been told to remove this ad by the owner and stick it on eBay. He would like to see what it fetches on there. Sorry guys - I'll do my research first if there is a next time.

This was given to me by a guy at work who knows I'm into old bikes and hoped I would know someone who can save it from the skip. It's nothing special but I wanted to see if anyone here wants it before I offer it up to eBay.

It's made from gas pipe tubing as far as I can tell but with decent Gipiemme dropouts, the rear even has adjuster screws. The paint work has lots of scratches and marks but the frame appears to be completely chrome/electro plated underneath so not a rust bucket. The chrome on the forks is in excellent condition. I replaced the cable inners and outers but never got around to 'bar tape. Tyres are cracking so probably need replacing.

Size: Seat tube - 60cm c-t-c. Top Tube - 58cm c-t-c. Clearance for mudguards but no eyelets on the dropouts.

Price: £60 collection only from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. I don't really want to bother with boxing up and a courier to be honest for a cheapy like this.

Spec:

Frame: Bianchi Tubi Calibrati 1-20 (that's gas pipe by any other name)

Fork: As above?

Headset: Chromed steel
Stem: ITM Alloy - 12cm
Handlebar: Chromed steel
Bar Tape: None

Brake Levers/Brifters: Shimano 105 Aero
Brake Calipers: Weinmann 500
Brake Pads: Original
Brake Cables: New Clarks

Shifters: Shimano Z401
Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-Z202
Rear Derailleur: Sachs Huret
Derailleur Cables: New Clarks
Cassette: Dilglo 6 speed freewheel (needs large diameter splined remover)
Chain: Unknown
Cranks: Ofmega 170mm cranks
Chainrings: 52/42 144mm BCD removable
Bottom Bracket: Ofmega
Pedals: MKS AR-2, Christophe plastic toe clips and Lapize leather toe-straps

Rims: Rear - Weinmann with eyelets. Front - Unbranded, no eyelets.
Hubs: Rear - Maillard. Front - Unbranded - possibly Pelissier.
Hub Skewers: Rear - Sachs Maillard. Front - Unbranded stamped P1001 possibly Pelissier.
Nipples: Unknown.
Spokes: 36 front and rear.
Tyres: Michelin Select 700 x 23c - need replacing.
Tubes: Unknown.

Saddle: Vetta Lite Gel - looks like cover has been re-glued at some point.
Seatpost: Kalloy 26.2mm dia 300mm long (badly scored and scratched above limit line)
Seatpost Binder: Chrome steel bolt and nut type.

Bottle Cage: Elite alloy/plastic.
Extras: None.

Weight: No lightweight - IIRC the frame alone is nearly 3.5kgs.

6838333278_afff1c74e9_b.jpg

6984445783_98fedbc23c_b.jpg

6984446045_34bc33400f_b.jpg

6984458361_955af23e7a_b.jpg

6984446375_4141fccc6b_b.jpg

6984446667_cca9042e3e_b.jpg

6838324886_7ee2a47d8b_b.jpg

6984447225_dbe772cd67_b.jpg

6838325434_c07a6a31a9_b.jpg

6984447769_618a6787de_b.jpg

6984448055_f7cb70c4b8_b.jpg

miller":1uany6mm said:
you should put it on lfgss for £300, they (we) love bianchi!

Hmm, perhaps I should re-consider. I've just seen one on eBay that's not so nice as this and it's currently at £155 with 3 days left! I never realised there was so much love for cheap Bianchis.

Mark.

This is lush, and I am only over the hill from you. If you can hold this until payday, I'll definitely have it.

I just parted with my Team Banana and am missing the 'vintage' push iron in my collection.

Let me know if this suits with you and I will come and collect on the 7th April.

Fingers crossed!

Matt

I love bikes like this. Its not as "low end" as you describe, perhaps low for Bianchi but this is a quality bike.

Lower end bikes bought by normal people for everyday use (not babying a racing machine with new parts and over maintenance) are practically impossible to find complete and in good condition.

This has nice lugs, chromed stay, campagnolo cast dropouts etc. It also has alloy decet parts that work and are durable.

Not a high end racer, but a pseudo one. And very charming!

Back