SOLD - THANKS - TITANIUM Raleigh Dyna-Tech 725ti,

AlexMartin

Retro Newbie
Raleigh Dynatech 725ti Titanium tubed bonded £300 ONO, can post for £15 but would prefer collection from Berkshire to stop it getting damaged,

Super light Titanium Tubes , 58cm centre to top 56cm centre to centre Road bike

This is a nearly ready to ride bike, I have not quite finished her.... a beautiful gleaming Red and Gun metal Dynatech 725ti

The spec is below

Raleigh 725ti Titanium Tubed Bonded Frame (tube type 2125) (Raleigh Special Products)

Italmanumbri Italia Pro Bars with original Raleigh bar tape

105 STI Shifters/Brakes (with STI RSX Shifters as spares) see comment below in the "to do" below.

ITM quill head Stem

shimano 105 Head Set

105 Crank

105 front mech

105 Rear Mech

105 Calipers

White Fizik Techno-gel saddle (about £50 when new)

Original Dynatech Saddle Stem (rare)

A new pair of toe clip pedals (not pictured)

Mavic open 4 CD Wheels (worth about £60)

Sach new success Hubs, and spinners

18speed

I have thought about stripping this and selling for parts as it would be worth more but as i have taken so long to get her up to this level and she looks great, it is a shame to strip her.

From the point of view of the state of build and anything missing the following needs doing to finish her, about a hours work of someone competent's time.

>The rear brake needs fitting, both the 105 calipers (worth £20) are included one requires a retaining bolt, standard shimano and easily available.

One of the 105 shifters has its name cap missing, so I am including a pair of period RSX shifters (worth £50), the caps are the same and so one could be used to finish the 105 or they could both be swapped for the RSX's.

I also include a spare set of Italmanumbri Italia Pro bars worth about £20 (they happen to still be attached to the RSX's) which would make swapping easy

The bike will need cabling, gear and brake, not expensive if bought online, you can decide the quality.

the bike would only benefit from some modern tires
The wheels are lightly used but match the bikes look and spec well.

It is indeed this one, it is still for sale, too early in the season i think,

I have added a few bits to it hence the asking price difference. the last one on ebay sold for 300 and had been sprayed a horrible while colour

this is nr mint

had hoped retro bike guys would be interested in the bike, hope this tread does not go off track

Your picture link does not work....

I had one of these frames a few months back as a commuter. It was extremely light and a superb ride, was just a little too long for me.

There is a following for the old dyna-techs, they're good bikes. As you say the better weather in the coming months should see a sale, whilst you're waiting you'd probably benefit from doing those little jobs that need doing (personally would not swap the 105 Sti's for teh RSX) so that it can be sold in the condition you believe it should be in.

To make the link work please copy all of it, right up to and including the word "root" into your address bar.

as for the jobs, i dont have time to do them properly so selling with the bits for someone to do a better job

Latest posts

Back