Pink Dave Marsh Lo-pro Frameset w/H/set and Front Wheel

thecannibal

Retro Guru
Beautiful vintage Dave Marsh lo-pro Columbus frameset in ridiculous pink camo. A lovely example from a little-known but talented Yorkshire frame builder, featuring some classy touches such as fastback stays and finely scalloped fork crown.

Superb condition, with the odd minor scratch or chip (the worst being around the rear dropouts and a small nick in one down tube decal), and a few bits of grease/sticky residue to be cleaned off. No rust, bends, dents or cracks. Sadly the photos don't do the paint justice: it's weird and awesome in equal measure. Takes a 700c rear wheel, with 126mm spacing.

Seat tube 49cm c-c
Top tube 53cm c-c
When considering size, bear in mind that lo-pro frames are best matched with LA84s or similar long-reach TT bars, so this can be built to suit someone who would usually ride something a little larger.

The frameset comes complete with a Campagnolo headset and all-important 24" front wheel. Both are in great condition, with a few cosmetic blemishes.

The wheel has a silky-smooth Mavic hub, radially laced onto Mavic Mach 2 sprint rim, with bladed spokes and a Vittoria Crono CS tub. Running true, with perfect spoke tension. Tyre seems to be holding air, but this is not guaranteed.

If more photos are required, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I also have a number of other parts available (including pink bar tape, cables etc.) which would be suited to this.

Price dropped to £165 collected from Bristol or South London. £180 posted (UK). International shipping extra. Offers welcome.

Attachments

• Dscf1012.jpg
    Dscf1012.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Dscf1010.jpg
    Dscf1010.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Dscf1024.jpg
    Dscf1024.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Dscf1009.jpg
    Dscf1009.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2,236
More pics

Attachments

• Dscf1026.jpg
    Dscf1026.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,230
  • Dscf1025.jpg
    Dscf1025.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 2,230
  • Dscf1015.jpg
    Dscf1015.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2,230
  • Dscf1016.jpg
    Dscf1016.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,230
Dead Rats":ommg0tys said:
WOW! pls don't sell it to a fixie twonk! :LOL:

Yeah, it'd be a bit of a shame to see it wearing a pair of risers and an aerospoke, being walked around the dickhead-infested cafes of Shoreditch.

BTW, this used to belong to a UK Masters track champion. His name was Len something and he rode ind. pursuit and scratch, IIRC. I bought this from his son, along with a couple of track bikes from the same builder. This was certainly the nicest, and it doesn't look like it ever saw much use. Wanna make me an offer to save it from hipstergeddon?!

That's lovely. If only it were a bit larger, and I a bit richer.

Hope this goes to someone who appreciates it...

danc":3c603tnj said:
That's lovely. If only it were a bit larger, and I a bit richer.

Hope this goes to someone who appreciates it...

How tall are you? And I'm always open to sensible offers.

Back