Serotta Legend Titanium with Campagnolo

d_douglas

Retro Guru
Folks, I need to sell my baby.

It is a 2001 Legend full titanium with 3D dropouts. I bought it used from a collector friend so it is in mint condition. He replaced the threaded fork with a cool (and rare) thread less Serotta F1 fork with ti dropouts and steerer. These forks have a stellar reputation.

59cm x 57.5cm top tube. HT is 205mm one inch.
Fork was painted to match frame - over time, the fork is a bit darker, but not noticeable from more than 3ft away. The frame/fork has virtually no flaws whatsoever.

Parts include:

HS: King 1" silver (mint)
stem: Deda Zero 120mm (mint)
bar: 3t Ergonova 44cm OS (very good, but logos removed)
saddle: Selle Italia SLR Carbonio rails and shell (very good)

Campagnolo Record: carbon 10spd ergo power, RD and Ultratorque BB cups (very good)
Campagnolo Centaur: brake calipers, 12-25 cassette and FD (new)
Veloce: crankset 175mm compact with custom 48t outer and standard Chorus level inner ring. Modification to cranks to fit any standard 110mm chainring was my own amateur work, and it seems to work very well! (very good)

Record: hubs - lovely OS shell 9-10-11spd compatible (very good)
Rims: Ambrosio Excellence 32h (very good)
Tires: Schwalbe Ultremo red 23mm clinchers (very good - 200km)

Add pedals and race this thing!

This is a gorgeous bike that is a benchmark in titanium road frames. I am normally proportioned at 1.85m (6'1") and it fits like a glove.

I am asking 1550GBP - this is a steal! Shipping will be costly (unless you live in Geneva, Switzerland!) Buyer pays shipping costs.

Ask any additional questions.

BUMP for a gorgeous bike. I am sad to sell this, but it's gotta go.

This is mint and a new Legend frame is almost US$5000!

ba-hump!

I have some local interest in this, but no takers yet. C'mon folks - the Rolls Royce of ti road bikes for 25% of the price!

You might also want to mention to prospective UK buyers that a premium of 20% VAT would be asked by her majesty's government PLUS Import duty as well
So from your £1550 plus say £115 courier would be an additional £330 VAT plus for a bike is is duty at something like 8% PLUS VAT on that too so another £124 + VAT of £24.80
That's not to mention any handling charge by the courier to collect the charges.
So cost into UK is:
£1550+
£330 VAT+
£149 Duty
Total £2029

Sorry if that messes things up but that is the reality unless you can post from France in which case no VAT but still import duty

No import duty from France to the UK, or from any EU country for that matter. But there will be if you're shipping from Geneva. I would advise getting yourself to Annecy to ship this from. And that's if you're able to make it through Swiss customs.

BbheweeDaniel":3s7d5hsf said:
No import duty from France to the UK, or from any EU country for that matter. But there will be if you're shipping from Geneva. I would advise getting yourself to Annecy to ship this from. And that's if you're able to make it through Swiss customs.

yep, duty free also. For the additional cost to buyers it's worth getting a bus into France and packing the bike in the load bay :LOL:

Hi there:

No, it doesn't mess things up. Any costs in terms of duties/taxes etc., are obviously the buyers responsibility. As the seller, I require 1550gbp + shipping and after that, all costs are the responsibility of the buyer, whose responsibility it is to know any additional costs.

For what it's worth, I live very near to the border and it wouldn't be a problem to ship from a French post office. I have no idea of what the cost would be from, say, Ferney-Voltaire, but could get that information if someone is serious about buying.

It's still a great deal even with the added costs in my opinion. If there are any retrofolks in Switzerland or even France, this is the deal of the century!

Any inquiries, let me know.

Darren

tonyf39":5mxsw4fw said:
You might also want to mention to prospective UK buyers that a premium of 20% VAT would be asked by her majesty's government PLUS Import duty as well
So from your £1550 plus say £115 courier would be an additional £330 VAT plus for a bike is is duty at something like 8% PLUS VAT on that too so another £124 + VAT of £24.80
That's not to mention any handling charge by the courier to collect the charges.
So cost into UK is:
£1550+
£330 VAT+
£149 Duty
Total £2029

Sorry if that messes things up but that is the reality unless you can post from France in which case no VAT but still import duty

OK, folks, anybody? I would like to move on this thing and would consider reasonable offers . . .

Remember, this is a Serotta Legend - $4500 for the frame and fork new! This is an older model, but just for perspective, this is a good deal.

It is my belief that rather than spending 1500gbp on a cheesy cookie cutter bike, why not own a butted ti frame made by masters?

That is just my opinion, however...

Back