SOLD Klein Q Pro XX frame/fork/headset

hillsprinter

Dirt Disciple
2006 Klein Q Pro XX Frame/Fork/Headset

SOLD

Size 54 (although Klein measure a little differently to most - please see the geometry chart below for more information).

Frameset bought brand new from Clarence Street Cyclery (Sydney) in August 2011 - their very last Klein frame!. Happy to offer purchase reciept if requested. I literally stumbled across it hanging on the shop wall. For full disclosure, frame is currently in Singapore, so postage would be from there ok. Also, I have it advertised on eBay (username 'Barrodeur', but I'd rather see it go to the forum).

Frame is in mint condition. Fantastic "Fission" paintjob - yellow to orange and then deep red. As new with the exception of two tiny paintchips (shown clearly in my pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65263954@N ... 079052895/).

Steerer is uncut.

Im including carbon spacers, a Campagnolo front derailleur clamp, and a generic seatpost clamp with the frame.

I built this up as a mini-project to ride for two or three months whilst I waited for my new C59 to arrive. My Colnago has now arrived so its time for this to go to a home that can build it up as it deserves.

Price: SOLD Happy to post anywhere, by any means, at cost. Payment by Paypal or cash in person. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,
Jerry

Attachments

• klein_geometry.jpg
    klein_geometry.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 3,658
  • Klein 2.jpg
    Klein 2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3,659
pondlife":1qsmmdfd said:
i had one of these, a 56cm, a great ride and very light

Very true - light and fast, if a little too stiff for my taste. I probably wouldn't be selling it if it was the right fit for me. To any potential buyers, PLEASE look at the geometry chart carefully!

this is also advertised on weight weenies where you say the frame is in australia, yet on this forum you say it's in singapore..... Call me cynical but sounds a bit dodgy :shock:

oldmuthariley":2pl946ui said:
this is also advertised on weight weenies where you say the frame is in australia, yet on this forum you say it's in singapore..... Call me cynical but sounds a bit dodgy :shock:

Understandable concern. Here's the answer. If you'd read the ad on weight weenies more carefully, you'd have noticed it says 'BACK UP FOR SALE'. Is a repost of the original ad, which should still be there. The frame was sold to a WW forum member ('Copperband'), but its too small for him, therefore I am issuing him a complete refund and its up for sale (again). I initially listed the frame as a 56 (as that is what my bike store claimed it was, and the TT/ST measurements are both very close to 56. But it turns out to be a 54, as per the slightly odd Klein definitions, apparent in the attached geo chart. I have accepted responsibility for the confusion, hence the refund.

The frame IS in Singapore, because thats where 'Copperband' (or Clement Khoo) lives. Rather than waste time and money on postage back and forth, the frame will be sent to the new buyer from Singapore - it is likely to be cheaper and quicker than from Australia anyway.

I only send via insured, registered post. If you don't get your frame, I don't get paid, simple.

If you have any doubts, feel free to check my feedback on eBay (where I also have the frame for sale - username 'Barrodeur' on ebay.com.au), or ask Clement directly.

I don't think my ad required this level of detail, but hope it helps nonetheless.

Regards,
Jerry

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
From my inbox -

"By the way, its not very polite to publicly imply someone isn't telling the truth, particularly without having your facts right.

I gave more than enough information in my advert for you to look into my history if you were that concerned.

You could have PM'd me and I would have happily clarified any questions.

Regards,
Jerry "

G'day
Well that told me didn't it :LOL:
Public forums are just that - if you put up conflicting information what do you expect.

oldmuthariley":1l1tm1e0 said:
From my inbox -

"By the way, its not very polite to publicly imply someone isn't telling the truth, particularly without having your facts right.

I gave more than enough information in my advert for you to look into my history if you were that concerned.

Regards,
Jerry "

G'day
Public forums are just that - if you put up conflicting information what do you expect.

:?

This maybe a public forum but it's not very polite to show the contents of Private Messages

Dead Rats":16kksfsc said:
oldmuthariley":16kksfsc said:
From my inbox -

Regards,
Jerry "

G'day

:?

This maybe a public forum but it's not very polite to show the contents of Private Messages

Not very polite? The Pm was sent to me and if i want to post it up then i'm entitled to do so. This has nothing to do with manners.

I questioned the OP's listing and the fact that his frame appeared to be in Australia and singapore - if anyone is paying a lot of money for something they can't see in person then they have the right to clarify the details.
:roll:

Klein

Hi.
hillsprinter . I have been involved in this sort of arms length posting with a mech before and you are asking for problems. You dont know what has happened to the frame since it left you either with the guy who purchased it or during carriage. Supposing your new buyer finds a fault with it. Is that your fault or the previous purchaser? Is the fault even there ? You wont know as you have not seen it since it went for a wander. presumably there has been some level of building up by previous purchaser and there may be some level of paint damage and on a klein frame the paint is a large part of the package. Sorry to sound gloomy but I do think you would be at a lot less risk if you got it back home first before re offering it. Also from a purchasing point of view I would be paying you and hoping that the other guy packed the frame properly and got around to posting it. After all he has got his money back and could be thinking you have just wasted his time It aint the way to go but if you must then you need to do a lot of finger crossing
Regards
Peter

Whilst the best attempts of a classy few individuals to rubbish my reputation are well within the bounds of free speech, its just not cricket. Get a life.

For anyone with concerns about the condition of my frame or mode of delivery, please be assured that, as mentioned, I have 100% feedback as an eBay seller, I insure all items, and in this case - if you're not happy with what you recieve, I will refund you, no questions asked.

Regards,
Jerry

Back