Donohue 531 road frame for sale

Shoz

Dirt Disciple
22" 531 with "mega" downtube - very,very little use - has been sat in garage for 6-7 years, paintwork is original and is in VGC
Tig welded - very neat frame
Uni crown (power) forks included

Looking for £120 posted uk

Cheers
S

Attachments

• Donohue frame.jpg
    Donohue frame.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,230
You cannot tig weld 531.....thats why Reynolds stop making it....525 can be tig welded and was the UK replacement for 531.....520 is used in the far east [Taiwan et al]......When was the frame made...525 was introduced in 1998.....and it is a good quality double butted Chromoly steel....531 has Vanadium in it.

sawston_vulcan":3uscgp3e said:
You cannot tig weld 531.....thats why Reynolds stop making it....525 can be tig welded and was the UK replacement for 531.....520 is used in the far east [Taiwan et al]......When was the frame made...525 was introduced in 1998.....and it is a good quality double butted Chromoly steel....531 has Vanadium in it.

It was sold as 531 (Byers cycles) it has a large 531 badge (red) on seatube
therefore I took it to be 531

donoghue 531

I think this was a limited run reynolds made exclusively for paul donoghue.

It probably is slightly different metallurgically to 531c or ST. It also had a millenium designation. I think there was an 853 Millenium too with the oversized shaped tubes.

Re: donoghue 531

willsdad":2krn48ic said:
I think this was a limited run reynolds made exclusively for paul donoghue.

It probably is slightly different metallurgically to 531c or ST. It also had a millenium designation. I think there was an 853 Millenium too with the oversized shaped tubes.

Thank you willsdad - I'm sure your right there, it has the millenium stays (slightly oversized) it is the same design as Donohue built for Team Brite (the top domestic team at the time)

Donohue had a very good reputation for build a good frame - and I'm sure it will build into a great 80/90s bike for someone

donoghue 531

I have had two of pauls bikes.

The first and 853 badged as a cougar. Great ride cost me £99 new.

The second a custom 631 single speed cross, ritchey swiss cross geometry. Similar concept to genesis day 01 but way sweeter.

That was 10 years ago!

If I had the cash, yours would be a great purchase for fixie conversion

I am sure it will and good luck with the sale....as i stand corrected to a certain extent...got this from time Trialling Forum....it's 531 but not the original 531.

'531 Millenium (Paul Donohue / Graham Weigh) was designed to be welded. Not sure if the alloy is subtly different or whether it's just the amount of butting at the tube ends is sized to cater for the amount of heat vs brazing.'

Learn something new every day!

Back