DSCF1562.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSCF1561.jpg
    DSCF1561.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSCF1560.jpg
    DSCF1560.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,021
What's the length of the section of post from where the seat clamp attaches to the Min Insertion mark?

:xmas-big-grin:

Seat post

Mr Panda
Length from centre of rail clamp to max height or min insert is 125mm
Malc

I'll have it :)

Just have to sort out paypal if that's OK.....

I was looking for something "original" for my late 70's TT bike and the only thing that sprung to mind was campag as that was what I rode at the time.

I was flicking through classic lightweights and came across the interesting fact that Alf Engers used a SR post for his 1978 25 Mile record....Ok it was lightened on the inside and re-shaped but an SR post :)

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/ri ... iders.html

"the Laprade pillar was carefully skimmed on the inside to reduce weight whilst keeping a smooth airflow over the surface."

Is paypal OK ?

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Malc

I've sent the funds via Paypal Gift :) can you let me know when it arrives. Your e-mail address was already known to paypal as I bought a SR chainring off you in November.

Tel

The King (Alf) was certainly a marmite type of a guy and poloarised opinion a lot. He was either the spawn of the devil (the RTTC) or a dedicated innovator who tried different things to push down his personal best.

To me he was the latter, and we all tried to copy him with black and decker drill in hand and HUGE gears :)

In the end it was the weather that won out in the end.......on the day he (and others) had a tailwind to the turn and then the wind dropped. IIRC 4 people beat the old record that day.

I saw him a couple of times and the thing that struck me was the size of him.....Compared to the immense Trevor Bull (Carleton Weinmann) he was on the small size. This wasn't helped by the fact he didn't have any flappy clothing (drag) and seemed to wear child clothing.........rather like the lead guitarist from AC/DC LOL.

Google Lee Povey track champion to see what they look like nowadays.

No denying the guy could ride though :)

Cheers

Shaun

Seat post

Hi Shaun
Thanks for the payment.
Can you give me your address for posting?
Send me a pm.
Malc

Latest posts

Back