Colnago Super 1982 - SOLD

nammonk

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Finally offering up my 1982 Colnago Super for discerning Retrobike members. This would make somebody a lovely Christmas present. And the lucky buyer will receive a FREE Del Tongo Colnago water bottle!

Everything points to this being a 1982 frame --- flat fork crowns with club and colnago, under-BB cable routing, recessed brake fitting, braze on lever bosses and front mech hanger. However, I have only had it since 1994 so I can't guarantee it. Slightly more intriguing are the double bottle bosses (down and seat tube) and braze on race number hanger on the top tube. Neither of these are standard in Supers/Mexicos of the time, so I've always presumed that this was probably a team build. Who knows?

The frame was checked over and resprayed/chromed about 10 years ago by Dave Marsh (ex Carlton builder) and has seen very little use since. Chrome is perfect and the deep blue paint is very good with a few small chips here and there (mainly on the drive-side seatstay from chain slap). I expect Dave could provide some touch up paint. The blue matches the original colour; were any trade teams riding blue Supers in 1982?

I'm selling this only because I caved in and bought a C40, and I rather like it. I can't justify keeping both of them really, and I would prefer this one to be ridden.

I would like £750 for this. I would prefer to sell as a complete bike, but might consider splitting, in which case I would want £500 for the frame+forks+record headset. Apologies for the poor quality low energy light bulb photos --- they don't really do it justice. If I ever see some sun, I'll try to get some better ones. Full set at:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1066681541 ... oSuper1982

Any questions or serious offers, just let me know.

Nick

Details:

Colnago Super 1982 Columbus SL
Seat tube: 56cm centre to centre
Top tube: 56cm centre to centre

Wheels: Super Record on Ambrosio Metamorphosis Durex Colnago Corse 36/36
Freewheel: Maillard Course 6 speed (13-21)
Mechs: Super Record (rear Pat 82); friction levers
Chain: Regina SL with hollow pins (NOS)
Brakes: Super Record with creamy white original hoods
Chainset: Super Record unfluted 1985, 177.5, 52/42
Bottom bracket: Super Record (steel axle)
Pedals: Record pista; Christophe clips and straps
Headset: Record
Stem: 3TTT
Bars: 3TTT Competizione
Seatpost: Record 27.2 2 bolt (unfluted)
Saddle: Black Rolls

Attachments

• DSC01374.jpg
    DSC01374.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,899
  • DSC01375.jpg
    DSC01375.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,899
  • DSC01373.jpg
    DSC01373.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,899
  • DSC01364.jpg
    DSC01364.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,899
Very lovely..........why are there so many nice bikes for sale at the moment? Ive got a few over my own personal N+1 already.........

Freebies

Can do it that way if you prefer Vulcan.

Del Tongo bottle £850 (Ultra rare!! --- used by Saronni in the World Champs, allegedly). Comes with free Colnago to display it on.

Go on, you know you want to.

Nick

Re: Freebies

nammonk":2es9ao3u said:
Can do it that way if you prefer Vulcan.

Del Tongo bottle £850 (Ultra rare!! --- used by Saronni in the World Champs, allegedly). Comes with free Colnago to display it on.

Go on, you know you want to.

Nick

Nick...I'll take the bottle....for £850 but take a rain check on the Colnago...hehe...i wish....if i had the money spare [as if]....i would.....beautiful bike.....Saronni used it when he won the Worlds at Goodward in 1982?....Test it for his DNA!.....Good luck with the sale...pity you have to sell!

Saronni

Well, I can't guarantee that Saronni used it. But I probably did in a Cambridge-Sawston 25m time trial (E2/25?). Is that good enough?

Re: Saronni

nammonk":frgtm5rl said:
Well, I can't guarantee that Saronni used it. But I probably did in a Cambridge-Sawston 25m time trial (E2/25?). Is that good enough?

Please any one could do that..i did Ugley to Sawston [E1/25b and back]...on fixed and i came last!..And was lucky to do that...never ridden fixed before..ever and chose my first outing in a 25m TT...so.....unless Saronni's DNA is confirmed the deal is off!

Provenance

Never mind Saronni, this bike won the John Brown Cup, the Morris Shield, the September Shield and ECCA gold, silver and bronze medals. And a bottle of cheap fizz from the VC Free Press. To name but a few 1994 "triumphs". There aren't many bikes can lay claim to such a palmares.
What more do you want!??

Nick

Re: Provenance

nammonk":17faff12 said:
Never mind Saronni, this bike won the John Brown Cup, the Morris Shield, the September Shield and ECCA gold, silver and bronze medals. And a bottle of cheap fizz from the VC Free Press. To name but a few 1994 "triumphs". There's not many bikes can lay claim to such a palmares.
What more do you want!??

Nick

Nick...that makes you a demi God....so now i am awed and feel i would do the bike an injustice.....the bike would pass from a demi-god [you] to complete lose [me] would be too much for the bike's sense of purpose and dignity and you don't want the bike to have a mental breakdown and loose all sense of purpose...now do you?....Morris Shield?....As in HR Morris the legendary frame builder from Walthamstow?...If so, i met him once....a legend!...He is a God...as is Saronni...you are a demi-God and me?....Came last again!

Re: Provenance

sawston_vulcan":1x6kuyn7 said:
nammonk":1x6kuyn7 said:
Never mind Saronni, this bike won the John Brown Cup, the Morris Shield, the September Shield and ECCA gold, silver and bronze medals. And a bottle of cheap fizz from the VC Free Press. To name but a few 1994 "triumphs". There's not many bikes can lay claim to such a palmares.
What more do you want!??

Nick

Nick...that makes you a demi God....so now i am awed and feel i would do the bike an injustice.....the bike would pass from a demi-god [you] to complete lose [me] would be too much for the bike's sense of purpose and dignity and you don't want the bike to have a mental breakdown and loose all sense of purpose...now do you?....Morris Shield?....As in HR Morris the legendary frame builder from Walthamstow?...If so, i met him once....a legend!...He is a God...as is Saronni...you are a demi-God and me?....Came last again!

Back