Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:50 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 pm 
Feature Bike
Feature Bike

Righty ho, I'd planned to build this into a clean and simple single (double) speed with an old Hobbs frame. Plans change though and it's up for grabs.

If you are not familiar with these, it's an extremely clever design whereby you get two internal gears and a coaster brake. The best bit is that you change gear by slightly pedaling backwards. (Ratios are something like 1:1 and 1:1.36.) The German build quality is legendary and they have a bit of a cult following. Popular with the Moutlon crowd.

This version is 28 holes with a 110mm OLN. There is plenty of room on the spindle for spacers. It's also the more desirable earlyversion with the integral oil port (these were made between 1964 to 1970 I think).

Condition is new old stock: never mounted but some light tarnishing on the cover plate. It spins freely and ticks like a swiss watch. It comes with everything you see in the pics, including a 15t cog (I seem to remember that Sturmey Archer cogs also fit - not definite though).

I've never used it so have to sell it as untested. £85 posted to UK. Will ship worldwide at cost.

More on the hubs here: ... Itemid=107

thanks for looking.

Post subject: Duomatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:57 pm 

If you still have this would be interested to buy.

Leo Kembery 07973 621223