1985 Raleigh Competition *SOLD*

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

I am letting go of my 1985 Raleigh Competition. Full specs can be found here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73564
I had this bike in Italy for a while, but even with a mountain cassette (kindly send to me by Telsun, during my holiday!) I am not strong enough to take the hills. I took it back home, but has not seen any road since.

I have changed the 105 brakes for some near NOS 600EX I still had and exchanged the tires for some new Continental GP 4000S.

Now the thing is, the bike is in Holland and since the rules of maximum package size changed, I am not really sure how to send abroad (for a reasonable amount). I am thinking of 150 pounds without shipping and if there is serious interest, I will absolutely find out shipping.

Almost forgot, frame is size is 58cm (c-c) with a top tube of 56cm (c-c).

DSCN3470s.jpg

I am moving to Leiden in January and will be in need of a bike. If you still have it then, would you take payment in euros?

ksvb5368":xqmn2rdp said:
I am moving to Leiden in January and will be in need of a bike. If you still have it then, would you take payment in euros?

No problem, just let me know when you are settled.

Hey Senri. Didn't take my advice on the price then ;) In that condition £150 is an absolute bargain! Most people would be very hard pressed to tell the difference between 501sl and 531.

Gorgeous bike that should be snapped up.

BTW if you can post the bike within NL then I can help you with shipping to the UK. Just give me a shout if you need me.

Thanks Tel, I really like this bike, but with other projects going on and already two show bikes in the attic, I really don't want to let this dust up in my shed. This bike should be ridden!
National postage is not a problem, only international. GLS is doing a max packet of 120x60x60, so diagonal should be possible, but this is not really what I would prefer. The search continues....

Back