Campagnolo Ultra Torque chainset - Engraved like C Record

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Posted these here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175764 as I have them on eBay but thought I'd put them here too to highlight the Retrobike offer.

With retro bikes being very popular at the moment I thought it'd be interesting to try to modify new components to be more fitting for retro builds. There also seems to be a lack of components on the market to suit the new steel frames that are available. So here it is, my contribution to try to fill the gaps. With the practicality of the new and the good looks of old.

I am currently selling these on eBay for £149.99 for the 11 speed and I will be advertising 10 speed for £129.99.

I'll knock £10 off each price if brought through this forum though so that'll be £139.99 for the 11 speed and £119.95 for the 10 speed.

11 speed - polished rings with Alloy chainring bolts:

P1120556.jpg

10 speed - with steel chainring bolts:

P1120555.jpg

More pictures here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ?start=all

I have a myriad of ideas to continue the theme, etc watch this space!

Re: Campagnolo Ultra Torque chainset - Engraved like C Recor

Tel":146ukpky said:
There also seems to be a lack of components on the market to suit the new steel frames that are available. So here it is, my contribution to try to fill the gaps. With the practicality of the new and the good looks of old.

I have a myriad of ideas to continue the theme, etc watch this space!

I bet this is how the Pantographing trend started....

I look forward to seeing your solution to the fugly Campag brifter problem 8D.

Re: Campagnolo Ultra Torque chainset - Engraved like C Recor

dbmtb":1vhnt8ch said:
I look forward to seeing your solution to the fugly Campag brifter problem 8D.

Hmm....I think I maybe stumped on that one! I have ideas for them but that doesn't involve remodelling.

Nice work, how have you done the engraving? Be nice to make some kind of bung to hide the gaping ultra torque hollow axle too ;)

Anyhow given the site survives on advertising would appreciate a PM if people are planning on advertising their ventures on the forum.

The engraving is done on an old pantograph machine, old skool style by a very skilled expert (not me!). A cap for the hole is on the cards.

My apologies for not contacting you before advertising will do so in future...actually there is something else although not ready for sale yet.

Tel":r1qhhq0z said:
The engraving is done on an old pantograph machine, old skool style by a very skilled expert (not me!). A cap for the hole is on the cards.

Cool you've found someone with the tooling and skill to panto stuff. Looks forward to seeing what you come up with for the hollow axle.

Back