Selling my trusty benotto

tuttonp

Retro Guru
Well its a very sad day but I must finally sell my trusty Benotto road bike

I've had this from brand new some 28yrs ago

It's a Modelo 850 Paris-Roubaix edition that has been upgraded over the years

49cm Frame and Forks (bear in mind there is a hairline crack in one of the fork legs that will need brazing or replacing, I have a replacement Gazelle set of forks that need cutting down and additonal thread adding)
This bike has been my daily commute for the last 5 yrs and occasionally prior to this, apart from when I used as my TT bike in my Junior years)
It has never been dropped or crashed but will need a repaint as there are chips to the paintwork and minor missing paint around the rubber covered P-Clips used to secure the mudguards.

Additional parts fitted

Campag Athena 170mm Crankset
Dura Ace 8spd Rear mech
Dura Ace 8spd STI's
Dura Ace Front Mech
Cinelli Stem
Cinelli Crit Bars
Original SR Lapreade Seatpost
Tektro Long Drop Dual Pivots
Mavic Open4SUP CD Rims and Shimano 600 Hubs

It currently has a TurboMatic saddle but that's going onto my replacement bike, I'm pretty certain I have a basic Turbo I can add.

Pretty sure I have the original Benotto engraved calipers in my parts bin somewhere, as well as a pair of Mavic Tubular equipped rims

I'm going to start at £350 for the complete bike, bearing in mind this is a bit of a slice of Italian history (I know it's not Colnago, Pinarello or Moser but it's still pretty rare to come across a Benotto these days).

I'd be willing to split but ideally I'd like to sell the main parts first.

Back