W B Hurlow frame - SOLD

nammonk

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1977 W B Hurlow 531 frame and forks with Campagnolo Nuovo Record headset.

23.5" centre to top seat tube (ca. 59cm C to C), 22" (56cm) centre to centre top tube. Very elegant 4cm fork rake. Stand-over height 33.5" (85cm). Fastback seat stays, brazings for front and rear downtube levers, 700c clearance. Campagnolo front and horizontal rear dropouts; Prugnat (I think) lugs.

I had the frame checked over and resprayed in the original pearlescent blue by Bill Hurlow in the mid 1990s. The new headset was fitted then, and has seen little use since. The frame is in great condition, is straight and true with no rust. There are a few scratches to the paintwork here and there, but nothing too serious.

£300 for the frame, forks and headset. Complete bike with Nuovo Record gears (incl. front mech not shown), Record/GP4 wheels, Campagnolo Gran Sport calipers and NOS Modolo levers, 3TTT bars and stem negotiable if anyone is interested, though I would be loath to part with my Super Record Pista cranks...

W. B. Hurlow was a highly regarded frame builder, who built for Holdsworth and, more famously, Condor. He was noted for his attention to detail, and this frame is a fine example of his craftsmanship.

Attachments

• DSC01312.jpg
    DSC01312.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,435
  • DSC01320.jpg
    DSC01320.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,436
  • DSC01314.jpg
    DSC01314.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,434
  • DSC01316.jpg
    DSC01316.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,435
That is the nicest bike i've seen on any forum...period...thankfully too big for me.....classic TT from 1960s-70s....The fastback rear cluster is 'to die for'......beautiful..truly beautiful.....deep sigh!

Thanks for the PM, nammonk -- reply sent, but for some reason it seems not to have appeared in my sentbox yet... Please let me know if you don't get it!

W B Hurlow - NOW SOLD

Thank you all for your interest. This is now sold. I'm happy to see that Bill Hurlow's work is still appreciated here.

Nick

Back