Columbus Concorde Colombo 58cm c-c Drop

neuroportal

Retro Guru
58cm c-c (edit: and 57cm c-c toptube, got this bit wrong. )

This really is a reluctant sale. This is the bike that has gotten me into multiple geared riding. It rides lovely. Columbus Aelle so only about 400 grammes heaver than SL. At some point the builders for some Ciocc frames also built for Concorde, whether this was Ciocc themselves or another third party seems to be mired in differing views. Some paint work is identical to Ciocc.

I bought this at the end of August from DA-EVO and have put over 700 miles on it since, but realise that it is slightly too big for me so I have been offered a 56 and decided to go for it.

Since getting it everything has been re-greased, including the rear mech and cleaning up the block off the bike.

New tubes, rubinos, Headset (A9 sealed), UN54 BB, chain.

600 tricolour crank, rear and front mech, dual pivot brakes, 600 levers in good condition, the hubs are excellent, Wolber rims with some wear to the finish but more than plenty of life and built with DT swiss spokes, IIRC.

Frame paintwork has a few patches but the surface rust isnt deep. The fork chrome looks like it has been cleaned with wire wool at some point, I assume someone keyed it with the idea of painting, so slightly thin but no problems.

Has a very nice Campy seatpost kindly supplied by Laz.

Comes with the Tri-matic saddle.

I should have cleaned it before pictures but rushed.

DSCN0848.JPG

DSCN0851.JPG

DSCN0850.JPG

DSCN0852.JPG

DSCN0853.JPG

As you can see, some surface rust to parts of the frame but all in all an excellent bike.

Pedals, mudguards and Brooks are NOT included.
£250 posted or £225 collected from Midlands in between Stafford and Stoke.

If posting please give me time to get hold of a Box.

Cheers.

All this resisting!? What is wrong with you folk just buy the bike!!!

It is lovely indeed and as nice as the brooks is the Tri-Matic fits in perfectly with the colour scheme...

I was pleasantly surprised with the Aelle ride, very nice, I'd say it was up there with 531.

This is now, officially, a "Bargain" :)

Since I have a one frame size down steed, I really do need this to go sooner than later.

Seriously, if you wanted a winter bike, stick some crudcatchers on and it is brilliant! Save your £££ main bike and cut a bright summary yellow dash on the roads this dull winter and cheer everyone up. You owe it to yourself, you really do.

£225 collected? Come on!

20111018056.jpg

Don't make me ebay this.

Isn't it just? :)

The yellow on the tri-matic saddle just sets it all off. Velominatitastic. Even the valve caps are yellow.

Some would say the yellow of the Ebay colour scheme would help this along. I think that the knowing chaps on here would make better owners.

We have what is effectively an ultegra equipped bike with a columbus frame in 'take me out and ride me now' running order for a night out's price over 200 quid collected.

What do I need to do to get this sold? Concorde is one of those Marques that people either know about/have ridden and love, or don't know any better.

I have more sympathy for Tel and his Ambrosio now. Saying that, it looks ok on fleabay at the moment.

Latest posts

Back