vgc specialized langster steel 56 cm ,fixed Now £280

robin

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale My beautiful specialized langster steel ,
I bought this at the start of this year from Evans cycles. I have used it as my summer night bike never taken it out in the rain, and have enjoyed it very much it’s a lovely ride, and gets a lot of nice comments at the pub after the rides!, only selling to make room for a 1940s track bike project this winter.

It’s a size 56cm I am 5.10” and fits me perfectly
I will put the original plastic pedals that it came with back on it, as I ride spd.
Also have the rear brake set up which is very easy to refit if you wish.
I have it set up as fixed wheel but wheel can be flipped round so you can ride freewheel. If fixed is not your thing!

The bike has been used but not abused it has the odd mark here and there but on the hole is in very nice condition.

Cost £570 I would like £300. now £280i can post for £20

Thanks Rob 077 7336 2697

I am in Ilkeston Derbyshire.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... e-ec020012

100_1523.jpg

100_1528.jpg

3898125514_e4f501fb2d_b.jpg

thanks, yes been a joy to ride , if no ones go's for it i will not be unhappy if i keep it to ride next summer.

Look mate unless you are desperate...or need to get something new.....keep it...enjoy it.....you will only regret it....and buy something else....not as good....i've got an alu/cf one for the winter....and love using it....red and chrome...lovely combo....perhaps upgrade bits...better cranks, better wheels...better seatpost....better bars etc etc.......just a thought.

Yes know what your saying! But once I finish the Freddie grub I am building I think this will get put to the back of the shed. Although I am keeping the frame measurements for when the day comes that I can have my Mercian built for me :D

NO! NO!...You won't want to you the FG or Mercian when i comes to winter....i've got a Mike Mullett 531SL just resprayed...itching to have it buil up.....but i'm going to wait until the spring....hence the Langster fixed [CF/Alu] for winter....i suggest you do the same....my $0.02!

Or next winter....salt and rubbish on the roads won't do an old frame any good....and no disrespect to the Langster..it is 520 and not as valuable....and more easily replaceable....can you buy a 'new' FG?....A new Mercian frame will be more than t [ie the whole Langster steel....if you want to sell your Langster and i think you should keep it...join LFGSS [www.lfgss.com].....you will sell i there.....though if you do and they are an odd lot....quite a few people inc me are on both...they won't want you advertising it elsewhere...exclusiveness.....look at the forum first.

ok thanks for that, yes i know that forum well ,

its still for sale if any one on here is interested,

Latest posts

Back