Dave Yates Flying Scot

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Putting this up for reluctant sale.

DSCF3782.jpg

Its a Dave Yates built Flying Scot from around 1982/3. Flying Scot were a prominent Glasgow bike builder from the 1920s until early 1980s, when the company folded and the name was bought by Dales Cycles, a Glasgow dealer. Dales commissionned Dave Yates at M Steel Cycles in Newcastle to continue building bikes with the Flying Scot name. This is number FS 249.

24" Reynolds 531 frame, whith campag dropouts and campag equipped - 9 speed Ergo setup which shifts perfectly. Stronglight 53/39 crankset and Stronglight headset. Shimano Super SLR brake calipers.

Wheels were recently rebuilt by Wheelcraft near Glasgow.

All works a treat, only the graphics let it down IMHO. Small amout of paint wear where original downtube shifters were sited - easily touched in I think.

I'll be keeping the pedals, seat and mudguards.

More pics at....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62924435@N04/page2/

Handlebars retaped since flickr pics taken

After £230 posted or will consider splitting.

:cool:

Top tube is 23" CtC.

Headtube is 7" long.

I'm 6' 4" and the bike fits perfectly. Very stable nice handling bike in its current setup.

PMs replied to.

Baldbones - top tube is poss a tad short of 23" but only just - I could remeasure with less accuracy if you want :LOL:

Genuinely nice bike and I really don't want to split it but needs must so I avoid Greek levels of insolvency :roll:

Excellent Xmas pressie for v tall roadie wife or GF :xmas-cool:

Back