Peugeot Perthus Pro 753 - Swap??

Gracie

Retro Guru
I have been for a very brief spin with the pug and I have the feeling that she is going to be a little small for me at 56cm. Sad times indeed! :(

Just a very early thought but if anyone has a nice retro bike that is a 58cm or 59cm frame and fancies a swap I would be keen to hear from you.

Cheers

Stuart

Attachments

• IMGP0614-2.JPG
    IMGP0614-2.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,686
If that seat post is at the right height for you I would be incredibly surprised if the perthus is too smal for you.

Brendan":16sqc192 said:
If that seat post is at the right height for you I would be incredibly surprised if the perthus is too smal for you.

My thoughts as well, it appears ideal. Flatten the saddle (its nose is pointing up) and a longer stem and - if the saddle is the height you are riding - then away you go.

How tall are you? (not that its anywhere near exact but as a guide it might give a clue). If you're 6ft plus thats definitely too small.

That saddle needs to be pushed back as well...

I'm 5'10-11" ish and ride all 56cm c-c seat tube bikes, perfect for me.

Wow - great bike. Great, great bike. Just like the one I had :cry:

If it had been a 59 or 60 like you are looking for then I'd have gone for it.

Free early morning bump anyway!

Thanks for the comments.

These pictures were taken after giving the bike a good scrub and before it was set up for a spin.

I know the theory suggests that at 6ft a 56cm is within size range for me but it just feels a little strange and the thin tubing makes me feel a long way from the top tube. I guess this is Retro riding for you.

This is a very testing love/hate affair with this bike :)

The bike has been stripped now with parts having been sold leaving me with the frame.

To be honest if you are 'normally' proportioned a 6foot tall person would normally need a 58cm frame.

What are you going to do with the frame? Might be interested in it if your selling it.

Back