Dawes Stratos SOLD THANK YOU KINDLY

Roly

Old School Hero
For sale is my 52cm (I think) Dawes Stratos. Has full 105 Uniglide 6 speed gears, toe strap pedals and modern Salsa 44cm bars.
Also has 1st generation Dura Ace stis fitted, but shifts with downtube levers. I like the wider hoods of the otherwise broken shifters in my big manly hands.
Mudguard eyes, 52 cm top tube 170mm cranks, 115mm 3T stem.
Wheels were rebuilt with decent spokes a while ago, so no more corrosion.
This is a usable bike for the shorter rider. Mudguard mounts.
(I concur the post and seat are horrid, but they're kinder on the bottom than a cork shoved in the frame...)

Now a mere £100 posted to UK.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23348464@N05/

I know the crown race isn't all the way down, but the headset isn't loose!
Like I said, interesting. Rides fine.

Oh thats what the "interesting headset detail" is :)

Good luck anyway nice nostalgic ride with pleanty of potential and be ideal for winter with the M/G eyes.

Might be interested if I could get exact measurement of the seattube centre to centre and the top tube centre to centre.

Mid crankbolt to mid st/tt junction is 52cm. Laying the tap along the tt is 52cm.
Spider in my hair from popping into the garage? About 4mm across.

:D hehe

Damn. Needed something closer to 50cm for someone. Was hoping the measurements were ctt

Oh well, good luck with the sale. Restored one of these a while ago- they are really nice lightweight frames and make great little tourers:

claire_bike1.jpg

dura ace sti's are worth the price of the whole bike! good deal, and good luck with your sale

The Dura Ace sti's only work as brake levers, the gear internals slip or jam and the outside surfaces are peeling a bit.
They no work!

Back