SOLD - NOS San Marco Rolls Due Race Day - Titanium?

willhouse

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this for my daily bike, but have since realised that I definitely needed a cutout rear type saddle, so this was never fitted. (I have already got another so don't need one in exchange)

To test if it was Ti, I have tried to scratch the rails in an inconspicuous place to see if it scratched any coating or plating off, to which it didnt, and it certainly has the 'titanium colour' to the rails and feels light enough to be Ti, but I can't put any guarantee on this I am afraid.

This is slightly different to your normal Rolls, and it has a 'Gel' soft pad in the middle for additional comfort, plus the embroidery stops you sliding about on the seat.

Anyway, no marks, no rips, no pulls, just a lovely piece of retro gear which needs using.

Offered on here for £38 posted before the dreaded eBay...

San Marco Rolls Due Race Day FS 1 by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

San Marco Rolls Due Race Day FS 2 by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

San Marco Rolls Due Race Day FS 3 by outHOUSEpics, on Flickr

I could be well wide of the mark here, but the "M" on the saddle rails could well signify manganese steel. Have you done a "fridge magnet test" to see if the rails are either aluminium alloy or Ti?

Either way, a smart-looking saddle.

David

Pm replied....

Tried the magnet test and unfortunately it is magnetic, however please don't let this put anyone off, it still only weighs 290ish grams so no heavyweight.....

Latest posts

Back