Alan Frame - 57cm C-C Silver

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have an Alan Frame for sale, as I am getting rid of a few bikes to buy a new one.

It is 57cm C-C seat tube, 57 C-C top tube.

I bought this from here but have noticed a few problems with it that aren't the end of the world but they need noting for your info.

1) Seatstay is very slightly bent - picture shows it but it doesn't appear to have affected the frame. Note - I have not put this together so its untested.

2) Chainstay - tyre rub has taken approx .5 - 1mm of material from the non-drive chainstay. This doesn't look too bad but then you need to be aware of this prior to purchase.

Frame fitted with Campag bottom bracket and headset.

Any questions, please let me know. Apologies for the poor pics.

I would like £110.00 inc postage ONO.

Please post in the thread then PM me.

Attachments

• IMAG0354sml.jpg
    IMAG0354sml.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,566
  • IMAG0359sml.jpg
    IMAG0359sml.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,566
I may be wrong on this, but I think the seatstay is supposed to be bent... I had a vitus 992 (very similar construction to this one), and the driveside seatstay was bent slightly outwards the same way yours is. OLN was 130mm. My bike was built up and worked perfectly. The rear wheel was round, true, and dished correctly, and it fitted perfectly in the frame.

Andy

foz":2m160e2u said:
I may be wrong on this, but I think the seatstay is supposed to be bent... I had a vitus 992 (very similar construction to this one), and the driveside seatstay was bent slightly outwards the same way yours is. OLN was 130mm. My bike was built up and worked perfectly. The rear wheel was round, true, and dished correctly, and it fitted perfectly in the frame.

Andy

That rings a bell with me too, hope we haven't just done someone aout of a bargain! :LOL:

If it is supposed to be like that it is more of a bonus to the potential new owner :) price remains the same. Or very nearest offer.

Thanks for the info. :)

Back