Level Four (made by Dolan) Team Track Frame (49cm) for sale

horatio

Retro Newbie
49CM Level 4 Team Track Bike

The frame, from what I've been able to work out, was hand-built by Terry Dolan (amazing filet brazing) for the Chris Boardman sponsored/managed 90s cycling team (Yvonne McGregor was riding for Level Four when she broke the one hour record in 1995). It's high-end tubing (I believe it's 853 - it's quite thin and this is what Dolan used to build McGregor's bike). It had a small metal plaque on the down tube (saying "1994 Level Four Team" or something like that), but it's fallen off :( Serial number is either 6 or 9.

It takes a 650 front wheel (Miche Primato to Mavic Open 4CD running on a Gatorskin) and 700 rear (Currently XT bolt-on [22t right now, I think I have a 18 or 19t I can throw in] hub to Rigidia Sputnik, but I'll throw in a Miche to Open Pro which needs bearing replaced if you would like - in fact, I could probably include an extra Miche hub which has bearings in it if you're confident enough to do it yourself).

Shimano BB with Andle silver cranks (48t), YST HP233 Headset, GB shorty stem to black risers with blue Oury Grips. Campag Mirage front brake and Dirt Harry lever.

No seat post, no saddle, but I'll throw some pedals on it.

Paint has scratches (quite a few), a bit of grime on it, but overall is free of rust. There does not seem to be any dents or dings.

£525 ONO will buy you a nearly one-of-a-kind professional track bike by Terry Dolan with real British (and international) cycling heritage - that's less than the cost of a Charge Plug.

Located in London.

I can't post URLs because I'm a new member of the forum, so PM and I'll send you a link to more pictures of the frame and forks.

Re: Level Four (made by Dolan) Team Track Frame (49cm) for s

Iv just purchased one of these frames of a guy for my track bike build! Can't wait for it! Nice looking bike you got ;-)

Latest posts

Back