Peugeot optimum 531 54cm compagnolo

1duck

Senior Retro Guru
Well unfortunately time has come for me to part company with my peugeot optimum.

The frame is a 54cm handbrazed 531 in a lilacy blue colour.

Shimano rx100 groupset
mavic reflex sup ub control rims
compagnolo hubs with compagnolo skewers
Cinelli criterium bars and cinelli stem
Saddle has a small tear but is the original gel item that came with the bike.
some paint chips and scratches as you would expect on a bike from the 80s but generally good condition.

I'm looking for 235 or near offer....pick up is as always welcome (and very much preferred)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59748768@N08/with/5936643505/

pictures for the sake of simplicity left in my flickr.

another one! you could have twins! :LOL:

I actually thought it was really strange how I have never seen another one in the flesh, i was starting to think that i must have been mistaken and mine didn't really exist either (crazy matrix moment)

I bought mines from new it was highly rated at the time but a lot of people missed it by its understated looks they ride nice I used to race it in Triathlons/Duathlons.

BTW the model is actually called a Optimum just had a look at mines ;)

Hi
Going off the price of the peugeot 400 professional thread on here
I'd be happy to offer £120 collected if your not too far

RobMac":2bsnit38 said:
BTW the model is actually called a Optimum just had a look at mines ;)

Haha yes, yes it is...well spotted that man.

120 is a bit low Dan, i could take the wheels off and sell them for a hundred by themselves.

Hi,

I have just had my OPtimum 531 refurbished (inc respray - it was lilac like yours) but now I can't remember whether it was 531c or other 531 variant. looking at your pics it looks like 531 double butted . Is that right and is that better than 531c?

Good luck with the sale, it is a great bike. I am back on it after an absence from bicycles of about 18 years. It handles so well and the frame feel s great :)

Cheers!

It just says Reynolds 531 Butted Frame Tubes :)
Does the Lilac have a name or a number and how close is it to the original colour?

Latest posts

Back