Flying Scot Track/Path Frame 1955 Reynolds 531

wblenkin

Retro Guru
Flying Scot Track/Path Frame c.1955

Seat tube: 57cm ctt
Top Tube: 57cm ctc
Tubing: Reynolds 531

IMG_5653.JPG

More pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/wayneblenkin/FlyingScotTrackPathFrame1956

I have a beeeeaaauuutiful Flying Scot track frame for sale. It was built in 1955 and is finished in a stunning bright red. The lugwork is immense. It's drilled for front & rear brakes with mudguard eyelets & clearance for mudguards. The condition is mainly excellent, although it does have some scrapes/paint rub, the worst of which is on the right chainstay near the dropouts and also on the seat tube next to the logo decal. It's overall appearance is great though. No dings, no dents, no bends, nothing bad structurally whatsoever.

I'm sure you all appreciate how rare these frames are. I'm asking £360 for the frame set but would prefer to sell with the Cross (T.D.C)? cottered cranks & bb for an extra £40, so basically I want £400 for the lot. It saves removing the cranks & bb and to be honest, the cranks look stunning on it. I'm not 100% sure what the cranks are, they are stamped NG on the back of the arms near the bb. They're beautiful whatever they are.

Insured UK postage will be around £20-25, with insurance it will be £12, but I'd recommend insurance for this beauty.

Back