FS: Retro Road Wheelset with Campagnolo Record Hub

simonaspinall

Retro Newbie
Handbuilt wheelset made by Bill Hargreaves Cycles of Dewsbury.

Pic Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65046351@N03/

Unsure of the year although I would estimate late 80s/very early 90s.

I bought a complete retro steel bike from a friend however I already had a wheelset I wanted to use on the daily commute - Tubulars would be pretty impractible for me however these are lovely retro, vintage looking pieces. Perfect for a fixie lover (front wheel) or anyone looking for a quality wheel for a geared steel retro racer.

They are Tubular 23mm/700c wheels, sold with 1 front tyre, which is fine and intact, the rear tyre is gone and beyond repair.

I am based in Leeds and you are welcome to view before hand. These wheels are sold as seen.

Front wheel

1125g including tyre and skewer
36 spokes - Some slightly weathered but seem ok at the nipples and hub flange
Campagnolo Record hub and skewer
'Super Competition Champion - Made in France' Rim. Rim condition seems fine, very little wear

Unsure of condition of inside the hub, however it spins fine and the rim is true. All this hub needs is a regrease to make sure of the inside and a retape of the tyre - The tread is excellent and has a great retro vintage look.

Back Wheel

2000g including cassette, tyre and skewer
36 Spokes - All in good condition
Rim: Rigida Allot Excel 72 with Inox Eyelets Very little wear on rim.
Sachs 5000 Hub and skewer.
6 speed sachs maiilard cassette - In good nick with plenty of miles in it.It would be compatible with any basic 6/7/8 speed chain
Tyre is unusable, you will definitely need a replacement.

Please note I will not split the wheelset.

Wheels will be dispatched in a cardboard wheelbox

£60 posted (postage will be approximately £10 hence the price)

Wheelset

Are you certain that you won't split??? :oops:

I definitely want that front wheel! And I'm only in Leeds too - will galdly pay the postage fee and collect it!

If you have a change of heart - I'm yer man...........

Back