Vintage (1960´s/70´s) Time Trial Bike wanted

Toecutter

Old School Hero
Dear all,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this or any helpful suggestions?

I regularly take part in 10m T.T´s using an older steel racer but would like to use something that´s a bit more suitable.

With thanks
TC

There`s a chance you might be lucky on :
http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk

Lots of these riders are serious veterans who might have a previous tt machine hung up in the garage - worth a go!
Good luck
PS - I was easily ourtridden by a real time triallist on a slightly rusty pre-war Raleigh when I was on my Vitus Lo-profile.......... he was 20 years older as well.

60s/70s would be a very close clearance road frame, looking mid 80s for the lo-pros to come in, most people just used their road bikes back then, a time trial bike would have been custom built for only the most committed time trialists

Time Trail Bike wanted

Thanks for the interest chaps. Ideally a steel frame traditional frame / shorter wheelbase bike, size 22 - 23.5 inches and complete.

I was recently offered a Fielding TT bike but the owner wanted to swap for a road bike only. I´m aware that various types are out there and maybe one can have a second or third lease of life. Personally the old appeal about time trialling is having a go and I´ve had great fun and pleasure racing my older Mercian and Geoffrey Butler road bikes.

Best wishes
Shaun

Back