SWAP My Campag 27.2 seatpost for a 27.0

Fairyglass

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
As part of a groupset I've bought recently I've a fluted Campag seatpost (Record, Super Record?) which is so tight in my frame that I think I probably need a 27.0 version. Does anyone have a mid 80s or thereabouts Campag seatpost in 27.0 they'd swap, or sell? :D

Are you trying to get one for the Viner.If so the one in the picture of the bike is not being used at the moment I could swap it for yours if you want.jm.

Hi John,

No, it's not for the Viner- I've another project on the go, a lovely Chris Marshall 653 with chrome nervex lugs. It's almost finished- Record and Super Record throughout- but the seatpin is proving difficult! All I need to get it on the road are cables and a seat pin (although there are some non period parts I'd like to change) and I'm keen to ride it. If you have a seatpin, or know of one which isn't stupidly expensive, I'd appreciate knowing.

The Viner is still in the box- I've had a large unexpected bill, and it's possible that I may put it back up for sale :( It looks lovely, and I'm hanging onto it as long as I can!

I've got a 27.0mm Super Record seatpost.

Not sure where you are, but my seatpost (and I) are in Sydney, so it might cost a couple of bucks to ship, but if you are cool with it, I'm happy to swap with yours. My 1979 Colnago Super needs a 27.2.

I can get some pics of the post to you over the next 24 hours...

That sounds great- I'll clean mine and take some pics later today. I've found a basic mtb post which fits (after cutting in half!) so I can at least ride the bike, so the time isn't a problem.
I'm in the UK, but happy to cover postage- still cheaper than a new post!
I'll pm you pics later.
Cheers,
Ben

Back