withdrawn - job lot of four 27 x 1 1/4" wheels

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As in title and below...

They need restoring, by which I mean all four hubs need stripping, cleaning and re-greasing, all 3 chrome rims need to be cleaned, wire wooled and polished (there may still be some pitting or even missing chrome) and the alloy rim would benefit from a good clean and polish too. They will all require a certain amount of spoke tensioning and truing too. Do not buy these wheels unless you or a mate know what you're doing! Both the rear wheels would work on a vintage fixie / single speed but would require the rims re-dishing and and the hubs re-spacing. Finally, I have a found a pair of nuts which fit both front wheels, and a pair of nuts which fit both rear wheels.

The job lot consists of:
1 x front 1985 Maillard small flange solid axle alloy hub on Rigida Chromage Superchromix chromed rim (galvanised spokes) - rim has pitting under surface rust
1 x rear 1986 Maillard small flange solid axle alloy hub on unknown chromed rim (galvanised spokes) - rim will clean up well
1 x rear 1977/8 Pelissier small flange French solid axle alloy hub on an alloy Wolber Super Champion Modele 58 rim (stainless steel spokes) - rim need polishing
1 x front chromed solid axle Union hub on a Schurmann Super chromed rim (galvanised spokes) - rim will clean up well

I'm asking £40 for all four wheels + postage at cost (or £40 collected from Manchester M21, 5 mins from J7 of the M60) though I'm open to offers.

Add an extra £10 if you'd like a pair of brand new 27" x 1 1/4" gumwall tyres (cost me £16 but are of no use to me if I sell these wheels!)... add another fiver for two new Presta inner tubes.

I have lots of high res. photos which I will email on request - the photos will look much better that way as you'll be able to zoom in!

PM me if you're interested!

Thanks,
Alex

Back