For Sale: Raleigh Gran Sport

knowthejo

Senior Retro Guru
Some of you might remember I was looking for one of these a while back. To cut a long story short I found one! Its lovely, but its just too big for me and I am one project too many to warrant just doing it for the fun and not getting to ride it!

Anyway....

Its an early 60's (not sure of exact date) Raleigh Gran Sport. All looks to be original except saddle (should be a Brooks B15 swallow) and perhaps wheels (see below)

Heres a breakdown of the parts and bits.

Frame - 23 1/2 model - looks good condition (no dents and its true) however, been painted over. Original colour is Venetian Blue - a metalic bright turquoisey blue (can see it when scrape paint back). Its not a named tubing - but not heavy and got rave reviews back in the day - one of Sheldons favorites: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/retroraleig ... sport.html

Derailleur - Campag Gran sport rear good condition - normal patiner on chrome- looks to be working well and spring still stiff.

DT shifter - clamp on Campag Gran sport.

Chainset - Williams Cottered with 49T.

Pedals - Campagnolo.

Wheels - Unsure if original - certainly not racelite hubs from what I can see- Laced to pitted Reginas. Tyres look almost perished.

Brakes - GB courier (Very nice :cool: ) - with GB red anodised levers (anodising patchy).

Bars - GB Maes with red anodised shim section.

Stem- GB Hidiminium

Seatpost- chromed unknown

Mudguards - alloy- still ok nick.

Basically you are looking at a great resto project with some lovely bits. These are very highly collectable in the states apparently (happy to ship at cost). Great bit of British cycling history.

:cool:

Only want what it cost me to procure - £165 posted/ £150 picked up SE London.

Attachments

• DESCRIPTION.gif
    DESCRIPTION.gif
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,384
  • Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.32.12.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.32.12.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,384
  • Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.31.56.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.31.56.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,384
  • Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.31.47.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 14.31.47.jpg