Batavus Professional frame - 57.5cm

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
P1080634.jpg

This frame is in great condition with just a few little scrapes and scratches here and there, certainly nothing too obvious. Paint is great with the vibrant eye catching purple, will build into a lovely ride for sure.

P1080635.jpg

There is no frame sticker on the frame anymore but the forks have a Columbus Sticker and I have it on good authority that the frame is very likely Colubus SLX (Elev12k). Everything is there to signify it is a quality frame; Campag dropouts, Cinelli aero <acronym title="Bottom Bracket">bb</acronym> (very nice!), race number lug, internal routed brake cables and double bottle bosses. It also has a chrome chainstay and forks with only very minor marks (chainstay shows signs of chainsuck).

P1080654.jpg

This frame also features Batavus engarvings on the top of the seatstays and on the brake bridge, which is a very nice touch that I have not seen before.

P1080653.jpg

The forks have the trademark Batavus aero/ squashed profile which I absolutely love, quite difficult to picture though)

P1080639.jpg

Size is 57.5cm x 56cm (ct x cc)*
Rear dropouts are 130mm
Seatpost 27.2mm

*58cm is stamped on the bottom of the <acronym title="Bottom Bracket">bb</acronym> but I have checked and checked again and measure the st at 57.5cm.

£165 + £10 postage or collection from ME12 Kent.

More pictures here on my PB:

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ?start=all

I did not say it is very likely a SLX frame

It is a SLX frame ;)

Good luck with the sale. Very nice.

wired99":1bqxxezh said:
Yeah very nice indeed..
What year do you think Tel, late 80s? Early 90s?.....

Early 90s. The 1993 catalogue shows an example with red tape and Rolls. Neat.

logdaddy":2dt7xfqz said:
Just my era and an excellent project to use up some "classic" parts. Will send you a pm.

What are those parts that need to be used up? DA7400 or Record? :)

Elev12k, yes, you are in the right ballpark, whilst not wanting to emulate the frugal Scotsman, it might not be that way.
This will be N+1=7 and after a prowl through the box of bits a rethink is on the cards.
Most of my Shimano 600 collection went on a sky blue Colnago Saronni frame which is probably early 80's and was a bit tatty so it all looks ok.
The theme will be silver but swithering over Stronglight crankset and Shimano drivetrain as most of the fleet is 9 speed but there is a new Campag groupo out there with my name on it.
The only catch is the gearing, after all these years I seem to have been a natural born spinner, 34/48 with a 14 to 25 9 speed block is just perfect, spins out at 33 ish mph, hard to find amongst a raft of 39/53 11 to 25.
My knees can't take it !
Only definite is a white turbo saddle.

Back