WTD: Campagnolo headset bearings

cinnamon

Retro Newbie
I need literally 5 Campagnolo headset ball bearings to resuscitate an old headset I've found. If anyone has some spare old ones missing a full set knocking around it would be much appreciated.

I don't know if the bearings are different sizes in different group Campagnolo headsets but unfortunately I don't know which groupset this on is from only that the original bearing cage takes 20 bearings..

cheers
C

You should replace all the bearings at once, not just some - as the old bearings may be slightly deformed due to wear.

Otherwise they are a standard type size so just take them along to your LBS and buy a pack of Weldtite bearings for £2....

Thanks

ah, thanks for the advice. Thats what i would have thought, but had been told that all compagnolo bearings were in slightly different sizings to those of other manufacturer's components?

Cheers,
C

No not all of them. Just old record front hubs and the ones that go under FH body on pre-2000 type rears IIRC.

You compare the headset with what you see on VeloBase. VB will mention what size bearing ball you need: 5/32 or 3/16. Fill cup, than take 1 or 2 out. Fitting loose balls is much better!

Back